Own manual car with pcp finance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Own manual car with pcp finance

Garyjo1203
Garyjo1203 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all, I have recently been declared disabled from an accident at work. And was hoping for a bit of advice. I currently own a manual car on pcp finance and am 1 Year into a 3 year deal. The problem I have is I know need a automatic car as I have limited use with my left leg. I have been awarded high rate motability. Put I have tried to join the scheme put they are not able to offer me enough to cover the settlement figure on my current car. And I'm about £3000 short. Does anyone know if there is any help I can get to cover this shortfall like a grant or something. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Unfortunately, there's no grants that i know of to help with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @Garyjo1203 and welcome  :) im not well up on car finance but someone on this forum may know more, best wishes to you  :)
  • Garyjo1203
    Hi, 
    And thanks for the replies,  I honestly don't know what to do next I have rang Ford credit and they saying I can only hand the car back after I'm 50% into my agreement. So that's not viable as I'm only one year into the agreement. You would think there would be some sort of clause in credit agreements were peoples circumstances change to no fault of their own and the car they own is no longer fit for purpose. 

• Garyjo1203
    Hi, 
    And thanks for the replies,  I honestly don't know what to do next I have rang Ford credit and they saying I can only hand the car back after I'm 50% into my agreement. So that's not viable as I'm only one year into the agreement. You would think there would be some sort of clause in credit agreements were peoples circumstances change to no fault of their own and the car they own is no longer fit for purpose. 

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @Garyjo1203

There is a clause in all agreements, that allows Voluntary Termination (VT), though Ford finance, would not want you to know.

You should seek advice from a local community law centre, for detailed advice.

You should also raise the issue about you needs, ie automatic car, due to disability.

There are lots of threads on various forums, so do some googling!

Keep us informed.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community I am sorry to hear of your problem.

If it is just automatic you need would the finance company not let you exchange the car for an automatic still using their finance ? At least then thr car would be yours at ther end of the agreement as isnt the case with mobility and can often be cheaper to purchase your own car rather than leasing from them

Just a few ideas for you

• Garyjo1203
    Ok thanks for the reply, shall do some further digging, 
    And see if I can get some sort of resolution thanks 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering

Brightness