Parliamentary Ombudsman — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parliamentary Ombudsman

jenn2008
jenn2008 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
I would like to hear from anyone Who has taken there DWP/Atos complaint to the parliamentary Ombudsman and how they got on with that as I can’t seem to find any story’s on outcomes from the parliamentary Ombudsman with regards to complaints against the the DWP/ Atos thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, we see lots of members saying they are going to make complaints especially about assessors but I havent seen any posts regarding if they have gone to the ombudsman or the outcome of any complaints

Hope you find more help if not maybe a search on google could find something
  • jenn2008
    @janer1967 my complaint has been ongoing now for 4 years and 5 months and is now with the parliamentary Ombudsman. I have tried to google outcomes of complaints against DWP/Atos but can’t seem to find anything,can find outcomes on complaints against the NHS but not what I’m looking for so wondered if anyone on here had taken this path yet. Thank you for your reply 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow that is long wait 
    It doesn't surprise me you cant find anything probably not published anywhere bring parliament or is that just me being cynical 

Hopefully other members may have some experiences to share 
  • jenn2008
    @janer1967 yeah I was thinking the same thank you x
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Can't say I've ever heard of or been told about such a position but my main concern would be that if they are like any other Parliamentary group they will be very slow, assuming they actually do anything at all. I had experience dealing with Westminster years ago when we installed a computer system for a small section and they were awful to deal with.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @jenn2008

The correct name is the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, they have no link to parliament.

This Ombudsman deals with complaints about government departments (ie DWP) and NHS.  They publish an annual report, which gives details of each investigation and outcomes.

They either uphold or reject each complaint and can award modest compensation (£200).

Go on the Ombudsman’s website to review the reports published.

With reference to any complaint about ATOS, this will be linked to DWP, as they act on behalf of DWP.

Have you involved your MP?

Let us know how you get on.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jenn2008

Good Morning I do hope that you are having a good start to the day.

Yes a few years ago now I had a run in with the NHS which involved MP’s  Ombudsman + Parliamentary Groups + senior staff at the NHS.

The outcome wasn’t any good as the NHS seems to be a “law unto it’s self”

I spent many hours popping emails to & from them all but it was just like banging my head against a “brick wall”

@steve51

Brightness