What have you been up to today? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What have you been up to today?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where people can just share what they have been doing during the current day and maybe it will give others some ideas as to what to do to fill their day...especially now as boredom is common at the moment!

I have:
Done some studying
Read and posted on a few forums
Played World of Warcraft
Been for a drive

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I went for a drive and bought some terracotta fish for the bathroom (as you do), then I did a little seed gathering from my big blousy poppies as I call them. Zen I meditated for half an hour Zzzzzzz.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    I worked, drove to the retail park and then came home. Not the most eventful of days!
    Anything exciting planned for the evening anyone?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • christian96
    christian96 Posts: 101 Courageous
    No. Just finished dinner
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yesterday I worked, went on a walk, had food then watched The Sinner on Netflix's.

How are people today? :)
    Scope

• leeCal
    I’m fine @Chloe_Scope, been struggling with some ornamental grass in a pot! The grass was in the pot not me. Also remembering happy times gone by, mostly about my mum actually. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Today I had a nice lie in after not sleeping well during the night, had a lovely bubble bath.

Made cheese scones, watched few recorded tv programmes and now on here for a couple of hours.

My boyfriend coming after work , going shopping and then cook dinner together 

Have a happy day everyone
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    After my carer got me up and ready, I made 2 masks. Just found some garden wire which makes great nose pieces in them. Then I made a fabric git bag with drawstrings from pink ribbon. The bag holds a glass jar and I intend to fill it with marshmallows.

It`s an inexpensive way to buy pressies...fabric was an old duvet cover.....ribbon was 50p, buttons were 2p and jar was £1. Marshmallows wont be much.

Great gift for around £2!
  • 66Mustang
    Very nice everyone :)

So far today we had a neighbour around for coffee and then went for another drive.
  • christian96
    christian96 Posts: 101 Courageous
    Today in the morning I went to the library and to a local arts store. This afternoon I met a friend for a bit then came home. In my area all the shops, restaurants and libraries are open again. I saw lots of people on the street as I walked home. Even the cafe located right next to the library is up and running once more. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    I got up late today, the postman brought me some blurays i had been waiting on,   did some housework,went and had a rest,  will be up late watching films, not a bad day
  • 66Mustang
    I went to the supermarket today. It's weird wearing a mask. I found it hard to breathe and it made me feel sick. Also, somewhat counterproductively to the point of the mask, it made me keep coughing. This was only my first time wearing one though so hopefully I will get used to it. Technically I don't have to wear it at all (autism) but it doesn't cause me any real distress so it would be wrong to abuse the exemption just because I don't want to wear one. Plus I'd rather just wear one and blend in than draw attention to myself and have to explain to people that I have autism.

I also went for some more drives around the countryside which was fun. :)
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Didn't sleep at all last night so I'm tired and grumpy.
    Played Old School Runescape for a few hours.
    Had a few coffee's and some chipsticks.
    Now back on Runescape for something to do.

Oops forgot..... made a few posts on here.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • leeCal
    Saw an old friend, had a nice chat and a coffee and he gave me some organic garlic he’d grown. I know the garlic was organic because it was covered in mud! Glorious mud. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Topkitten said:
    Didn't sleep at all last night so I'm tired and grumpy.
    Played Old School Runescape for a few hours.
    Had a few coffee's and some chipsticks.
    Now back on Runescape for something to do.

Oops forgot..... made a few posts on here.

TK
    I quite like OSRS myself! What do you like doing on there? I'm a skiller myself!
  • 66Mustang
    leeCal said:
    Saw an old friend, had a nice chat and a coffee and he gave me some organic garlic he’d grown. I know the garlic was organic because it was covered in mud! Glorious mud. 
    Home grown stuff always tastes really nice, I hope you make something nice with it :)
  • Topkitten
    @66Mustang, do a bit of everything and skilled to 1921 levels with a CB of 101.

Today did about the same as yesterday although if anything ate less. Didn't post at all for 24 hours, needed a break because things were getting on top of me.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • 66Mustang
    @Topkitten that is an impressive total level, well done getting that far. My total is 1093 although I am a levell 3 skiller. I am currently working on my fishing which is 98 at the moment. Not sure what I will do after that as I prefer the "AFK" skills and that is my last one that isn't 99! Can't cope with agility!!!

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    What is everyone up to on this cloudy Tuesday afternoon? Well, it's certainly cloudy here in West Yorkshire.

Online Community Coordinator
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Topkitten
    Nothing more than usual, still feeling the effects of taking too much medication at the weekend.

TK
  • 66Mustang
    edited August 2020
    I haven’t been posting much for the last few days as my laptop is out of action and Apple are refusing to repair it at the moment due to limited availability for appointments. :/

I know there is a virus going on at the moment but my laptop is under a 3 year warranty which is currently ticking away - they won’t pause it - and I can’t use the laptop. I paid for 3 years of use from the laptop - I would expect them to at least extend my warranty, by the amount of time I lose while they won’t fix it, but they are offering nothing. :/

Luckily I got my old iPad (just about) working so I can do things on the internet again for now. :)

Brightness