Hi, my name is Shannon25! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Shannon25!

Shannon25
Shannon25 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Shannon, since this lock down I've become very isolated I don't go out with friends or family can anyone help 

Comments

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Hi @Shannon25

i wanted to say welcome to you. I hope being here will help you, lots of us understand the isolation..I certainly do. Its a slow process getting back out there ..It took me a little While, slowly I am getting there,,
    what do you feel is keeping you isolated, is it fear ,or lack of motivation..let us know a little more ..What would you like to be able to do...my aim was to visit a coffee shop..I did that recently ..

look forward to seeing you around here..

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Maybe you can arrange to meet a family member and go for a walk? Maybe a sit in the park? As the lockdown has started to lift across the country thankfully we are allowed more freedom now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shannon25 - & welcome to the community. We have many members here who feel the same; it's trying to overcome this. Think of somewhere you'd like to go close to your home, & make this your goal to do in the next week at a quiet time. I think small steps help many people, & hope the advice given above is helpful. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shannon25

Good Morning it’s great meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about the current struggles you are having with “Isolation” during this very testing time.

You have now reached out to many members who them selves are in similar situations & we are all very happy in offering help/support/advice to you “as & when”

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Shannon25, it's great to have you with us! 

You might want to have a chat in our virtual coffee lounge with other members. :)

Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined us here. 

Is there anywhere you would like to go or anyone that could go with you or meet you somewhere. I think the isolation has knocked peoples confidence to go out and some of us need that extra push to make it happen.

Maybe start little at as time, go out in garden first, then out of garden and stand on front of house, then maybe little walk down road and keep buiding it up
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @Shannon25. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness