Waiting for response — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for response

Daithi
Daithi Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi, I applied for pip the second week in March, I have heard nothing other than a call I made to the DWP who say my case still sits with the assessment agency, is it normal to wait this long.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, perfectly normal to wait this long. Under normal circumstances, a claim can take several months or more. Due to Covid19 backlogs are potentially longer. All you can do is wait. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Daithi
    Thanks for the clarification!
  • Bell11
    Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I put in an application, waited 6 weeks then got home appointment. Lady came to my address. Waited another 4 weeks. Money hit my bank from date of application. I had no idea I had been awarded. Just this money sitting there. I rang them and they told me I had. Letters arrived about 4 or 5 days later. With covid-19 my renew was October. I've been told it's been extended to June 2021. So I would have thought they may be working slower due to issues. I'd give it 2 to 3 months before you here anything. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community as everyone has said there are delays and the wait is not uncommon.

Keep us updated with your progress and I look forward to seeing you around 
  • vinylcountdown
    vinylcountdown Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    I called DWP after 12 weeks, and they said the application was with the assessment company, and I could call them. The second time I called them they gave me an appointment for the following week. My assessment was with IAS
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Daithi, I hope you hear back from them soon. :)
    Scope

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I applied back in feb and only had mines on Monday just gone I also kept calling thinking they had forgot me but they sent a text like giving me a weeks notice then I recieved a letter says later .

im really hoping I wake up to money in my account that would be amazing . 
  • Daithi
    Hi All, thanks for all the comments it’s reassuring!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.