Greetings Earthlings! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Greetings Earthlings!

Comments

• KingKongsFinger
    KingKongsFinger Community member Posts: 62 Pioneering
    And if they're allowed to say why they think I can work then surely I should be able to tell them why they're wrong, and those reasons that they said are incorrect, for example, they said that on one of My applications for LCW/LCWRA I said that I have x,y and z problems but stated that I said that they DID NOT affect My ability to work, but if You look at the form that they provided as evidence I answered Yes to the question "Does your health condition restrict Your ability to work or look for work?" it's all wrong and should never have been allowed to stand. It also said that I don't take anti-depressants but I have tried sertraline and citalopram before and the sertraline is shown on the previous atos assessment, which they included in their evidence. Again, incorrect and should not be admissible, complete farce. So My problem is if the tribunal has taken what the dwp has said as gospel and it's incorrect then that's going to be a wrongly assessed decision. I'm also advised by a neurologist that anti-depressants lower the seizure threshold so can be risky for Me to take, I sent that report in but they obviously have given it no credence whatsoever based on what You're telling Me :(
  • KingKongsFinger
    If you're going to use "He doesn't take medication" as a marking tool then You must include the reasons as to why I do not take medication
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Your thoughts on the whole process is wrong. Having some understanding really does help. All you can do now is wait for the Tribunal decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KingKongsFinger
    edited July 2020
    I sent all My evidence in by email and got a load of really badly printed/copied sheets back, literally can't read any of it and can't see the xrays so I question whether they've considered anything I sent in at all
  • KingKongsFinger
    I feel very sad and properly let down
  • KingKongsFinger
    I may be worrying about nothing though eh? :)
  • poppy123456
    I may be worrying about nothing though eh? :)

Yes exactly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • KingKongsFinger
    It's hard to be positive when You've been kicked in the teeth so many times :(
  • KingKongsFinger
    Your thoughts on the whole process is wrong. Having some understanding really does help. All you can do now is wait for the Tribunal decision.

Yeah that doesn't surprise Me, there's a very high chance I have aspergers so I'm probably not neurotypical, for Me it's all about the facts and the detail! I get told My brain doesn't work the same as other People's all the time, to me the process is backward and it's My first one so I defo didn't understand and probably won't next time either
  • KingKongsFinger
    Does not compute I'm afraid, syntax error......
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KingKongsFinger,, sorry to hear this has been a really stressful experience for you. I hope you don't have to wait long for a decision and we'll all keep our fingers crosssed!
    Scope

• KingKongsFinger

Hello Chloe thanks for the reply, yeah didn't get on with that process whatsoever, felt like I was being cross examined like a criminal, and in what universe is it ok to only scrutinise one of the involved parties, completely one sided and a total sham, a sham of a mockery even. justice? pfffft!. There was no disability advisor there just an idiot gp, one of those ones who are like "oh don't worry You only stepped on a land mine, it's not that bad", and the most unsympathetic judge who kept getting **** with Me because I kept interrupting and asking questions, despite Me saying right at the start that I do not know how to speak on the phone and I'll prob chip in without warning, that's just how My brain works, I think something and it comes out, I have no control over it and if I have to suppress it I get really stressed really quickly. The whole thing was a rush job and even at the end when I still trying to say stuff She practically hung up on Me. Their questions were ambiguous at best and they were deliberately misinterpreting the descriptors to suit their agenda. I think blokes defo have it worse off than Women in these cases and I bet the stats would reflect that, real harsh imo! :(
  • KingKongsFinger
    They really shouldn't put People with anxiety in those situations as by the end I felt too scared to say or ask anything and I was just blurting out **** to answer their quesitons, some of which were like "so how far did You walk on the 23rd of April 1934?", I found I didn't know the answers to most of their questions and they kept asking for examples, which I was unable to give either and the ones I did give were discounted because they were "too long ago", depsite them being very good indicators of My behaviour. :(
  • KingKongsFinger
    They asked about the minor unplanned change thing and I'd already proved that one by how stressed and confused I was about the hearing not being what I was expecting, and the fact that they were late ringing Me, yeah complete farce really and extremely stressful.
  • KingKongsFinger
    A lot of prompting going on too, which I think forces a (usually incorrect) response, they shouldn't do that. They also were not accepting My answers as I gave them, again prompting Me to change what I said, I'm really shocked that there is no body that oversees how these tribunals are conducted!
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2020
    In my honest opinion there's only 1 person that can answer all the questions and clear everything up. You maybe waiting until later tonight for a reply to this though. This person has over 30 years experience with Welfare Rights and representing claimants with their Tribunals.

@Username_removed any help here will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • KingKongsFinger
    edited July 2020
    @poppy123456 Ello :) cheers for the reply, sorry if I come across as rude or contrary (that's what I said to them) but I need to have everything explained to Me in great detail and I often find ambiguity in simple questions due to how I interpret stuff and My communication difficulties, an easy question to some People could have a thousand meanings to Me, it's very difficult sometimes and causes a lot of problems with interactions, that's kinda why I try to avoid it! :)
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I’m so sorry to hear everything your going through, I really hope it’s a positive outcome sometimes we are shocked, I was awarded standard mobility and only 6 points for daily living for pip  put in an MR got standard mobility changed to Enhanced but no change for DL so put in an appeal received a letter today from courts just to say my appeal is lodged, my name was spelt wrong and also my address and this is just the beginning ?‍♀️Good luck 
  • poppy123456
    I totally understand your anger but please try to relax. You haven't had the decision from the Tribunal yet.

Once Mike sees this he will reply but it may not be until later tonight, once he finishes work.

• KingKongsFinger
    Yeah I have problems with anger and overthinking (is it though or it just becuase it's not right?) but usually only in the face of unfairness. From gov.uk website: https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision very clearly says "appeal a BENEFIT DECISION" not "be put on trial and reassessed and have all previous evidence ignored" lolololol
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.