Disabled people face blue badge restrictions to allow for social distancing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled people face blue badge restrictions to allow for social distancing

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2020 in Research and opportunities

‘Many disabled people cannot go out without being able to park’: Access concerns as blue badge parking bays shut to allow queues – I news

Gem Hubbard, 35, from Brighton, who has an incomplete spinal cord injury and uses a wheelchair, has spoken of her frustration and exhaustion at the numerous accessibility issues caused by lockdown. 

Ms Hubbard shared her experience as charity Scope warned that disabled people are at risk of being “pushed out” of post-lockdown Britain when shielding pauses this weekend. 

Also in the I news in print, and in The Independent

Gem was also interviews on Sky News this morning.

You can read the full article here: ‘Many disabled people cannot go out without being able to park’: Access concerns as blue badge parking bays shut to allow queues – I news

Is this something you have experienced? Will this make going outside harder for you? Let us know in the comments below!
Scope

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.