A long shot i think but...- has anyone had a colonoscopy? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A long shot i think but...- has anyone had a colonoscopy?

Crumble_Rhubarb
Crumble_Rhubarb Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi, I get colonoscopy's fairly regular. Coming up to the 3rd one. The usual prep the give, moviprep has an awful effect on me, vomiting, cold, shivering etc. Just awful. So this time I have asked for a new prep, the only one they can offer me is called fleet I pick it up monday.

Has anyone taken fleet? I am starting to panick as online doesnt have great stuff about it in terms of health. But I dont think I could physically manage to keep moviprep down. 

Am I alone in the colonoscopy prep reaction? Everyone seems to manage it.

Regards

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    The prep I took didn't work they tried it twice and instead did a scan 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @Crumble_Rhubarb Hello ? I'm sorry I can't be of much help, I've had a few myself but never had fleet before, are u sick before u have the colonoscopy ? I used to get my prep ? in the post ? Hope u feel better with fleet and good luck xx Ho an don't forget ur air freshener lol
  • Crumble_Rhubarb
    woodbine said:
    The prep I took didn't work they tried it twice and instead did a scan 
    Thanks for the response @woodbine.Ah, that must have been awful trying twice the having a scan. I guess that's what I am scared of that this prep wont work or have worse sideffects, moviprep works in term of doing its job. I just react terribly. Where no one else I know reacts the way I do.
  • Crumble_Rhubarb
    @gillian72,  thanks for the response too! 

Yeah I vomit along with the intended effect, cold shivering, headaches etc. Last time I just took half of the prep as I couldn't do any more after all the vomit etc and I was clear but I cant  bring myself to have the same reaction. So am hoping this is easier as apparently it's just 2 cups of prep and other liquids vs 2litres plus extra liquid.
    Am dreading it already. The scope is fine it's this awful prep ? no one else who takes it seems to reacts like I do.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Crumble_Rhubarb
    Have you had the colonoscopy?  Let us know how you went on.  I agree the prep is the worst bit for me :/
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Crumble_Rhubarb
    edited August 2020
    @Cher_Scope
    Hi, yeah I had the scope, all clear.

The prep I had this time was fantastic for me- no symptoms at all except the one that's required!

The drink although didnt taste good, was manageable as it was only 150ml twice plus loads of extra fluid. I was concerned as I didnt think I was going to the toilet enough but the dr said the prep was good.  So this is my new prep! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Crumble_Rhubarb Yeyy for the all clear!! I am glad it wasn't such a bad experience for you this time.  

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a bush tucker trial drinking the colonoscopy prep so believe me I know how you feel :D It is always a relief to get it over, isn't it?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Crumble_Rhubarb
    @Cher_Scope   I can relate to the Bush tucker trial analogy my first 2 were a complete nightmare so much so if they hadn't of given me a different prep I was seriously thinking I couldn't go through any more preps. 
    It is, I dont think I'll dread them as much in the future though as long as it's the same as last time. Hopefully your next one is easier for you too!

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it all went ok and the prep was better for you may make you feel more at ease when the next one comes along

Brightness