another poem — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

another poem

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger

Hello   Scope community 

Please find another poem I have written below 

I hope you are well and safe?

The Unexpected Surprise poem 

I was born premature

I was at death’s door; doctors wanted to turn my life support machine off.

But my dad and mum fought to keep my life support machine on.

I fought with every breath and grew stronger each day

My family members prayed to god, who listened to their prayers 

I survived and I am so alive 

Which surprised the doctors 

Being born prematurely has affected my legs.

I could start feeling sorry for myself, but as I said to myself, “What is the point of doing that?” 

I have my brain and hands that still work 

I have achieved a lot of things in my life 

I still have other things I want to achieve 

Nothing is going to stop me from achieving 

I have a strong belief and confidence in my ability 

I have felt my poetry giving me strength and enabling me to put any bad times in my life behind me 

I think my poetry has given me a voice and I struggle to convey what I am sometimes failing to say through speaking 

Lockdown has allowed me to concentrate on my own poetry 

I like to write poetry throughout the day,

I am not letting being born premature obstruct my life 

I am determined to live my life to the full

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's a very powerful poem @Globster. Nice one. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This is beautiful @Globster! As someone who as also born prematurely, it's a really powerful read and could relate. :) 

Scope

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello  to Scope community 

I am letting you know that I have sent this poem into to a poetry competition 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Chloe_Scope
    That's great @Globster! Best of luck!
    Scope

• Globster
    edited May 2020
    Thank you @Chloe_Scope  
    I appreciate you could you please help me because I created positive thoughts video about disability should not stop you from achieving your dreams 
    I would appreciate if you could help me share with the community 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    A wonderful and very moving poem, @Globster.  The best of luck with the poetry competition!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Globster

A young man called Jay. 

He had to show his doubters wrong 

This poetry has help him to covered many subjects 

I hope to my poetry is helping the Scope community 

Now I feel I have given hope and belief that you can achieve anything if just mind to it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Amazing and powerful @Globster :)
  • Globster

A young man called Ray

He found his way to pay his bills. 

As Ray found confidence in learning mathematics 

Which helped Ray climb the ladder at work.

As Ray has never shirked from hard work.

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice poetry skills @Globster, good luck in the competition
  • Globster
    edited July 2020

Love is a special moment

A young man called Jay 

He met a young woman called Priya

As Priya  helped Jay get over his fear

Jay and Priya shed a tear. 

Jay and Priya held each other near.

Jay loved the young woman called Priya so much.

As Jay felt heart race at great peace as through girlfriend called Priya.

Jay hoped to share some special memories with his girlfriend.

Jay and Priya hoped to one day get married.

• katho31
  • Globster

Rhyming poem about my friend called Ed

I had phoned my friend called Ed, 

Who turned out to be ill, in bed,

(with a bad head)

He said he had drunk a whole keg, 

(of beer). He feared

that would lose his job, and not have bob,

to his name.

Ed was ashamed of his drinking, 

and vowed to stop sinking, and thinking, about drinking

• Globster
    Poem about a young women called Jen 
    A young women Jen never like to put her pencil down as she loved to sketch.
    She was able to sketch out images from her imagination 
    Jen was about to express her feelings and emotions through her drawings
    As Jen’s draws toured around the country’s art gallery and museums 
    Jen had won awards for her work as she didn’t worry from hard work as day and night Jen sketched

• Globster
    edited July 2020
    My Summer poem

The beautiful sun was shining and cool breeze blow by drawing back the white fluffy clouds to show a clear blue sky. As the birds were tweeting melodiously singing. I feel like writing more poetry when the sun is out. I drink a cold glass of lemonade with ice in the house because the seat electric wheelchair gets too hot in the sun outside. As dad and mum love pottering around in the garden. As they both love planting beautiful different coloured flowers in the garden 

I would appreciate the community think about the new poem 

• katho31
    Just so beautiful  :)@Globster you have uplifted so many of us  :) and keep it up, you have an amazing talent and inspire us  :):)
  • Globster
    @katho31
    I also appreciate your kind words @katho31
    I appreciate the opportunity to share my talent with the scope community 

• Globster
    edited August 2020
       Weather poem 
    I don’t not like winter as it makes my legs tight as the cold winter bites with a great might 
    As wear clothing to keep me warm during the winter months made  me feel depressed and I didn’t not feel like do anything with my life 
     The dark nights causes me fright
    The shine light from heart buns so bright 
    I know I can fall for from a great height if I become complacent while I am writing poetry writing 

• Chloe_Scope
    Really great @Globster
    Scope

Brightness