I have depression and anxiety, and struggle to work with other people. Does anyone have any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have depression and anxiety, and struggle to work with other people. Does anyone have any advice?

Leondre22
Leondre22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have depression and anxiety,i struggle with working with people I only can work on my own because of my anxiety am really bad with meeting new people or being in groups I fresh up and try hiding my self I have tryed working but it didn't work out because of my anxiety 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Leondre22 :) 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with depression and anxiety. The charity Mind have a lot of helpful resources in this area if you need support

You will also find plenty of helpful information and support on our online community, this is a super helpful and supportive place.

Ross
    Online Community Coordinator 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leondre22

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please don’t worry as we are like a extended family & we look after new members as well as ourselves.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Leondre22 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. I'm sorry to read about your struggle with anxiety & depression. We have quite a lot of other members that suffer the same, so you will find a lot of understanding here. Please do have a look around the forum; there are links to our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' & 'Recent discussions' right at the top of this page. I hope you enjoy being part of this community & look forward to seeing you around, or chatting here. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Leondre22! Great to have you with us and thank you for sharing this with us. How are you doing this afternoon? :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @Leondre22 Glad you have joined us here, you will find lots of other members who can relate to your condition.

I think a lot if us find it easier to talk on line rather than face to face which is why this is a great place to be part of

I look forward to seeing you around

Brightness