What have you been up to today? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What have you been up to today?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Pro or Air @66Mustang? I'd heard that Apple were extending warranties. It only seems reasonable that they'd do the same for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Trying to stay cool!! 
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I've had a lazy day today apart from the internet and breakfast ! I'm for some reason feeling pretty low the last few days and can't seem to dig myself out of it, shame really as the weather is so good, no doubt when its peeing it down next week I'll be wanting to get myself moving again...ah well !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @Adrian_Scope it’s an Air. I didn’t know they were doing that, I will look into it. Thanks!!

@Chloe_Scope yes it’s been very hot here too, I like the heat myself!!

@woodbine sorry to hear that. Sometimes I feel like that. I find that when you have little motivation, doing things you love doing are easy to do as they don’t require a lot of motivation, and they help lift your mood. Anyway I hope you feel a bit more upbeat soon.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @woodbine - I'm so sorry you're feeling like that. I find when it's so hot, altho my joints feel better, it saps your energy. I wanted to be out in the garden, but just did a little bit after 8pm, including lots of watering! I do hope you're at least a tad better tomorrow. Please let us all now, & take care. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone! How are you today @chiarieds and @woodbine ?

The hot weather really sapped my energy yesterday too.  I was so ready to go to bed at night! 

I am working today, then plan on going for a little walk when I finish for some fresh air and after that I'll be watching more of 'The Fall' on Netflix.  Jamie Dornan is amazing in it! If you like crime thrillers I'd recommend it.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all managed to get a decent nights sleep, but still feeling out of sorts, it will lift that much I do know, take care all x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cher_Scope - I'm feeling better today, thank you. There's a cool breeze right now which is lovely. Yesterday I felt 'poo-yuck,' a phrase I heard often from a little boy some time ago, which was his description for anything he didn't like! :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Poo-yuck is a very useful phrase and one I will try and adopt from now on :D 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Spent morning baking a cake choc with cream and strawberries.  Also prepared dinner chicken in white wine with rice 

Then a chill watching grand prix qualifying 

Perfect day 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Today I meditated on the meaning of life and whilst so doing I fell asleep ? 
    however when I awoke I had a sudden realisation ...reality is what I experience between naps, therefore lengthen naps. Simple. ?

(meditation is better than sitting around doing nothing, I insist)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    Sounds like everyone has a positive day. Today I:

Saw a friend for lunch
    Did a little browsing and popped on here
    Just had a go on my Synthesizer. It was constructive 
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    66Mustang said:
    I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where people can just share what they have been doing during the current day and maybe it will give others some ideas as to what to do to fill their day...especially now as boredom is common at the moment!

I have:
    Done some studying
    Read and posted on a few forums
    Played World of Warcraft
    Been for a drive

Hi 66Mustang; Which forums do you post on if you don't mind me asking?
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @csno01

I post on the official WoW and RuneScape forums as I play those games.

Also RolexForums - not as snobby as it sounds, don’t have to be into Rolex, it’s just a forum for people who like watches (I know a bit sad haha)

And also PistonHeads - I read it everyday but rarely post as people can get a bit nasty on there
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Today I made the mistake of taking a shower for the first time in a week. Because I had to remove the strapping I use to allow me to walk and put it back on again my neck, shoulders and arms (when my arms work at all) cause so much pain I cannot use my bed to sleep and my recliner chair is still broken, Add this to the leg pain that makes me a cripple and Social Care refuse to arrange any help I have 3 choices.

1. Die of starvation.
    2. Die of dehydration.
    3. Speed the process myself to go painlessly.

Great day, huh?

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Topkitten
    Apologies for my last post, I got off light. It only took a couple of hours before my arms worked enough to function and I did get some sleep. Pain is just about bearable now but by the end of the day..........

Again, I'm sorry for such a down post.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Hi @Topkitten

I saw you made this post in the early hours of this morning, I really hope you managed to get some rest and sleep afterwards.  It sounds like you are in a lot of pain to say the least and that must be really hard to cope with on a daily basis.  So from me, well done on persevering, you should pat yourself on the back (gently) <3 

Your words do give me cause for concern though and I want you to stay safe.  I might sound like I am repeating advice you have heard before but it is important that if you ever feel like you are going to act on your suicidal thoughts you call 999 and ask for an ambulance immediately.  Also, the Samaritans are available 24/7 for someone to speak to on 116 123 or you can text SHOUT to 85258 and a crisis volunteer will ring you back to offer you support.  

Meanwhile us at Scope are always here for someone to talk to.  We would be happy to make a social care referral on your behalf if that would be something you'd like us to do.  Also, it might be worth you pursuing making a complaint about your care as it sounds like you are really being let down by those who should be helping you.  

I am here most of the day if you want to chat.  How are you feeling now?

• Topkitten
    Still low but alive, which is a good thing for everyone but me I guess. I simply cannot cope and no matter how many times I get referred to Social Care they still ignore me. My GP has only 2 answers to my requests either "I can't do that" or "I don't know how to do that". They won't even spend the time to investigate'

I need to change GP surgeries but I cannot do that if I conform to the "housebound" situation. I can go and do it if I both have help with my wheelchair and if I take what the doctors describe as an "overdose" even though I know it would be perfectly safe for me. How a new surgery would view that I do not know but unless I do it I won't get any help. Unfortunately I have no one to help me get there. I've put a comment saying so on FB but not even my kids have replied.

Another day in purgatory ahead.

TK
  • Topkitten
    Sry, apologies again for lowering the level of what was supposed to be an uplifting post'

TK
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited August 2020
    No need to apologise, you are human and going through a tough time.  It's good to express how you are feeling.  

Maybe it's worth enquiring about changing GP's, you could try calling a new doctor to enquire and explain your circumstances.  They have a duty to be able to meet a diverse range of needs.  Many GP's are conducting telephone appointments now due to coronavirus too, so unless you need to be seen in-person, that's an option?  

Do you have any hobbies or interests that are good for improving your mood? 

Brightness