What have you been up to today? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What have you been up to today?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey everyone, just wanted to check in. :)

After work I hope to finish the audio book that I'm listening to. 
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @Topkitten sorry that you’ve been struggling. Sorry I can’t offer any advice or suggestions (that you wouldn’t have thought of already) but I feel a lot of sympathy reading your posts although I know that doesn’t help.

I’ve been finding life very difficult recently too, every day is a battle and I spend hours each day solely dealing with my issues. It seems my life revolves around adapting to everyone else, but everyone else will say they are adapting to me, seems like a lose-lose. Not really sure what the benefit of me being here is sometimes.

Not keen on the disability top trumps but sounds like things are harder for you than me so maybe I need to stop feeling sorry for myself.

IME the trick is to just try doing things you enjoy - even if you can’t appreciate them to the fullest due to your problems it is still worth doing them to get a little out of them. Also, taking the days one at a time. 

@Chloe_Scope What audio book are you listening to?

Today I drove to the shops and have been playing on my computer. I slept from about 2.30pm until now so avoided some of the heat (I am on some new medication which causes tiredness).
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Ty @66Mustang but to each of us what we suffer is the worst simply because it's happening to ourselves. I am sure that, to you, it's the worst ever. For me trying to shower is causing awful problems and this weekend past I tried being more constructive. I called 111 because of pain and usability issues and they arranged an ambulance. They wanted me to go to A&E so I agreed, and then the bottom of the world dropped out. They checked my BP and then, in record time, a doctor came to see me. He started asking me questions but every time I tried to answer he interrupted me and said I wasn't answering his questions. After 10-15 minutes of this I started getting very annoyed with him and then he said (and I find this incredible) that he remembered me being in A&E 5 or 6 weeks ago. Considering how busy our A&E always is I must have really upset the guy. The only thing I might connect to him was a doctor treating me the same way once before. He upset me so much I just walked out of A&E. When the nurses asked me why I said it was because of some arrogant idiot doctor that wouldn't let me explain anything. This guy was probably the same one and after a short time I asked him if he was the arrogant idiot that treated me badly before and then trailed me across the hospital trying to apologize and get me back to A&E because I made him look bad. It was the same idiot, determined to do it again. So I immediately told him to go away and asked a nurse to get me to a phone so I could call a taxi to go home (even though i am terrified of taxi's unless I have been driven into Paranoia). A lovely nurse tried to calm me down but I said it was too late, now I was Paranoid I couldn't stay. Then ofc the idiot came back remonstrating and arguing with me trying to say it was my fault and I was being stupid. I ignored and blanked him and talked nicely to the nurse and they quickly arranged transport to get me home. Considering how much I suffer going to A&E and how quickly I left I am surprised that I didn't try to do anything daft but I have been suffering badly today so tonight is going to be tough.

Anyway, I hope things go better for you.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    hi great thread.
    Today I took all kitchen cupboard doors off. Sanded them down.using an electric orbital sander.
    Then began putting sticky fablon over them to give them a new look.
    Because of having a dig and cat I have had to stop and start to feed them walk the dog and feed myself. Then carried on woth some more doora.
    I've eventually finished and re hung them.
    They look really well. The design is a  grey marble effect.
    Now tomorrow  I rest. I hope.
    Best Wishes 
  • 66Mustang
    @Topkitten fair points - I agree.

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience...I know exactly what it’s like to get unhelpful medical professionals, I’ve had my fair share and learnt that when you get someone good you have to keep hold of them as hard as you can.

I think what a lot of medical staff don’t realise is that, yes they are the expert in general medicine, but each individual patient is the expert in their own situation. You can’t treat everyone by what it says in a book as we aren’t all standard patients!

I hope you get an OK night tonight.

@male45 Sounds really good. Any pictures?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Topkitten I am sorry to hear about your experience at the A&E.  Well done for going in the first place considering your previous difficulties and I hope you managed to get some rest afterwards.  

Sounds like you did a grand job there @male45 and what are you up to today @66Mustang?  Anything good?

I spent my day off yesterday doing university work and then nipped out for a bite to eat.  It was very warm but thankfully today seems a little cooler, aaah!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    @Cher_Scope I’ve been for a walk today and then went out for a drive in the countryside. What about you?
  • Topkitten
    Yesterday I received a call from the Care Agency that is supposed to be helping me. She still doesn't seem to understand what care is required and when, couldn't understand anything I said and ended the call saying she would contact Social Care (I think).

Today got a call from Social Care, evidently the woman told them they had been sending carers since the 15th. I told him no one had ever turned up. He said he would chase it and also contact my surgery to try to help with them and contact ?Peabody?, something to do with moving or helping me deal with the Council or something like that.

I don't really believe any of them because they have said similar things before and nothing has happened.

A woman did ring from a different Social Care group and is supposed to be calling round to see me on the 19th..... we shall see.

As usual not eaten, drunk lots of cold drink and a few coffees. Other than that not much.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you've still been having problems with Social Care and the care agency @Topkitten. It must all be very frustrating. 

It's understandable that you're sceptical about them chasing up the care agency, and about getting a visit on the 19th, but I really hope that it works out this time. Please do keep us updated with how it all goes! 

It's so hot, isn't it? I've been drinking cold water like there's no tomorrow. Do you like an iced coffee? I always try and make my own when there's warm weather, to varying levels of success!

Are you up to anything nice today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Topkitten
    Not really up to much, too hot to get comfortable.

Heard from the Social Worker (if he actually is one) he seems amazed that no care has been round as he was told they had. He is going to follow it up (he says) and in the meantime try to get another company involved. I wont hold my breath though.

TK
  • Cher_Alumni
    I struggled in the heat last night too @Topkitten

I'm glad you heard from your social worker and he is chasing up your care.  I hope you have a lovely Thursday, thankfully it's a bit cooler for us today.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope today is a bit easier @Topkitten. The warmer weather can be really unbearable!

Yesterday, my day off, I made a red lentil dahl. I've put the recipe on the community if anyone is interested. :)
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    Hmm what to do today. We have thunderstorms so can’t really do much outside!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Tch, thunderstorms ....and I was going to fly a kite today too
     ?‍♂️

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• male45
    @66Mustang just for you...mind you the kitchen is an ongoing affair..decorators in at the moment scraping walls and whatever they're doing. I let them carry on with it and stay out of their way.
    So pics of the cupboards for you
    Casper my cat watches over everything.  Walls need some filling and covibg is up gaps to be filled though.
    Previous  residents disnt paint clean or do anything...we are doing room by room slowly
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    leeCal said:
    Tch, thunderstorms ....and I was going to fly a kite today too
     ?‍♂️
    I love thunderstorms..havent heard any here in Belfast but fingers crossed. 
    Havent flown a kite in ages...too old now...or am I lol
    Best Wishes 
  • Topkitten
    Just another day of the same as always. I must be losing it though, I thought yesterday was Tuesday all day.

TK
  • 66Mustang
    @male45 Thanks for sharing the pictures, the cupboards are looking really good :) I like your cat as well :p
  • Cher_Alumni
    @male45 You look busy decorating.  I liked the guest appearance from Casper too :)

• male45
    @Cher_Scope
    Yes been watching or should I say being foreman lol.casper always makes a guest appearance...just to make sure things are done right lol
    The blwck mat is is Good Boy mat. Which ever corner of it hes on tells me what he needs
    He has me well trained ? 
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 

Brightness