My life is a joke — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My life is a joke

Muppets69
Muppets69 Community member Posts: 71 Connected
Ive been suffering mental health since i was about 11 ive got three adult children on top of everything else ive had womb cancer mini strokes ive got biopolar and bpd cant seem to function at all i hate it all im pushing everyone away cause its easier i dont want to carry on loke this i feel so alone my life is a joke 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hey @Muppets69

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this and like your life is a joke :(  It must be really difficult to cope with those thoughts in your head and it sounds like you have been through a lot, especially with having womb cancer.  
    Are you receiving mental health support for your bipolar and bpd?  

Incase these feelings ever get too much and you start having worrying thoughts about ending your life please ring 999 immediately and ask for an ambulance.  We really want you to keep safe.  Also, if you think talking about things with someone outside your family might help The Samaritans are brilliant and are available 24/7 on 116123.  Alternatively, you can text 'SHOUT' to 85258 and a trained crisis volunteer from Shout will give you a ring back.  

Personally, I just wanted to say that I although I don't know you I am sure 100% your life is not a joke.  You have got a lovely little family and are a mum.  That is such an achievement and one I hope to aspire to one day.  Life can be hard and it sounds like you are going through a tough patch that will pass.  The lockdown hasn't helped either has it?  How are you feeling now?  What have you got planned for today? 

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Muppets69

Sorry to hear you're feeling this way. 

As a community, we are here to support you as best as we can. 

What is it that's making you think your life is a joke? 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Muppets69 Please dont feel like this you have achieved so much if you have brought up your children and also got through and come out the other end of many illnesses

It is easy to push away those you love when you are feeling down but they are the ones who need you and you need them

Speak to someone you can talk to maybe your GP or contact the crisis tram if you are feeling so low and they can point you in the rtight direction

We are always here to help where we can
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear how youre feeling today @Muppets69.
    perhaps some form of exercise might help alleviate things a little, perhaps a walk with the children or something. Best wishes.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Muppets69, just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing today. :)
    Scope

Brightness