Success stories — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Success stories

Comicmadtitan
Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, so I've been around the forum the past week or so getting help from you all and I can't appreciate it enough. I thought it'd be great for myself whilst I wait for my MR and others who are applying for PIP, waiting like me or awaiting a tribunal to hear some success stories. So what's yours? 
Tagged:

Comments

• tommymcfc22
    tommymcfc22 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I had a letter to say my tribunal was successful on 11of this month haven't heard off dwp yet no idea when I'll be paid waited over a year on Friday 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I've only recently applied for myself so no idea how it will go yet.
    But I love the idea of a success story thread so I'd like to include my sons dreaded switch fro DLA to PIP was successful without having to go through any MR or appeal and he was awarded enhanced for both for ten years. The people I dealt with couldn't have been nicer, or more helpful...
  • Leelink
    Leelink Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Switch from DLA to PIP, Got 0 Points for Pip initially. MR Gave 0 Points. Applied for Tribunal and DWP had another look within the month they had to reply and changed their mind. Now on Enhanced for both for ongoing period. Don't give up.
  • Cress
    Wow...from nil points to enhanced...the ongoing period much be such a relief...congratulations!
  • Leelink
    Still waiting for the first month payment next week to actually fully believe it. 
  • tommymcfc22
    Does anybody know how long it takes to be paid I feel like ringing up but daren't 
  • Leelink
    My backpay was in the bank before i even got a letter. But i guess my circumstances were different. 
  • tommymcfc22
    Lee link I've had exactly the same as you happen how long did your backpay take ??
  • tommymcfc22
    Sorry mine was changed at tribunal stage 
  • Leelink
    Sorry mine was changed at tribunal stage 
    Yea mine was changed before it go to tribunal but after i had appealed so i guess they could do it straight away. Ive heard others say it takes about 2-8 weeks or something?
  • tommymcfc22
    They make you laugh if I owed them money id get a letter in a day 
  • Leelink
    To be fair. I still believe i'm going to get a letter saying "We made a mistake. pay us back"
  • tommymcfc22
    I agree I won't believe anything till it's in my bank 
  • Cress
    I have to say...I only had a txt at the end of July to say they had received my PIP application, wont know if telephone assessments will still be happening, I'm hoping they will be...I think I'd find that less daunting.

Before coming on this site I would never have thought to do an mr or appeal...I'd have just cried...lol
    But now I'm thinking of practising what I might write for a possible mr and tribunal...not in a negative way, but just to see my application as step one of possibly three steps...kind of prepare for the worst,hope for the best...
    Best wishes everyone.
  • piphelp
    piphelp Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    My pip has all been a success 

I returned forms less than 1 month ago and already have decision and have been awarded. ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My fgirst PIP was a success got standard care and enhanced mobility after a f2f assessment for 2 years

Then had review and got paper based no f2f and went to enhanced for both for 5 years

Its not all bad news just dont hear much of the good news stories on a forum as they have no reason to come and get any advice
  • Kittyc
    Kittyc Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    edited August 2020
    First time applying and got enhanced care and standard mobility for 10 years.  Was thrilled as heard the horror stories.  Straight from a telephone assessment which was interesting as I have hearing loss.  I think the PIP stories we hear about our the horror stories and not the successes.  I was shocked but so happy as I can now cut my hours down at work. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It's nice to hear about all your positive outcomes :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Thanks for all your stories everyone and congratulations! All deserved! 
  • Kittyc
    Kittyc Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I have been on fb forums where you get people pop up who want to get PIP and do not have a genuine disability.  They ask the same questions about how they can get it.  I had help from a welfare rights advisor who was fabulous.  The phone assessment was scary and the report was extremely true.   Good luck everyone and would love to read some more success stories x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.