My goal today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
We are often told that setting a goal for the day or even the week can be helpful to our mental health.

My goal for today is to get my prescription in to the doctors surgery.

What’s yours? ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My goal today was to complete the second unit of my course, which I have done so now I can please myself for the rest of the day
    Tomorrows goals is to book activities for my sons birthday
  • leeCal
    @janer1967 finishing that must have given you a great sense of achievement.

birthdays are great, good luck with the preparations!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    My goals today

Get some things from the shops (done)
    Research hotels for a trip to Scotland for my birthday :)
    Maybe do some study

Have you managed to get your prescription in yet? :)
  • leeCal
    Hi @66Mustang yes I took my prescription in, no queues straight in and out.

Hows the research for hotels going? I know someone who has just come back from Scotland and they had a great time visiting various lochs etc. I’m jealous, bit too expensive for me, I moved house this year so I need to save up again before I can take a break. Hope it goes well for you.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    It's always a good idea to have goals in life, even little things can make you feel good when you achieve them, my goal today was a meeting with the people who are supplying our new kitchen, all went well. I also wanted to find a gardener to sort some stuff out for us that we can't do, found one and he's coming to have a look tomorrow.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    @leeCal I’m glad you got in and out quickly, I guess that is especially a good thing at the moment - don’t want to be spending too long in a doctor’s surgery etc.

There are lots of nice hotels where we want to go but most are quite expensive and we have a limited budget! I have found a couple of nice ones so far that are within the budget, though. :)

• leeCal
    woodbine said:
    It's always a good idea to have goals in life, even little things can make you feel good when you achieve them
    I totally agree @woodbine!

It also sounds as though you had a good day today, great stuff. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    @66Mustang I was just wondering whether air bnb places are more reasonable? 
     Also we stayed at an hotel in Berwick upon tweed a couple of years ago which was quite reasonable but of course you may need to be further north I expect. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    @leeCal

I had never considered that - I will take a look. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes we want to be a bit further up - near Pitlochry. :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    My goal today was just to get through it...and sometimes that's enough  :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    My goal today...was to get the towels out of the washing machine that I put in about a week ago...but surely after that long I should put them through the cycle again?....well that's what I thought but they smell all lenory still so regardless of what bacteria they may be teeming with...I hung 'em up to dry...
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I love the idea @leeCal!

My goal for the week is to buy myself a clothes horse. I recently moved house, forgot to buy one, and currently have my clothes hanging off every possible ledge in my room :#

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    My goal today is to get a half price meal before the offer closes! ?

@Tori_Scope will you get a traditional wooden one or a metal screen type one? The traditional one is still really useful I think.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    edited August 2020
    Definitely worth taking advantage of that if you can @leeCal!

I used to have a metal one and it was fine, so I'll probably go with that again as I believe they're usually cheaper. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Achieved my goal today organised my sons birthday, a meal the night before, then bowling followed by Sunday lunch with family. Even bought all his presents and card and wrapping paper.

Wow I am an organised Mum lol all thats left will be to bake his cake the day before
  • Tori_Scope
    Well done @janer1967! That sounds like a great birthday. You are definitely very organised 

• 66Mustang
    leeCal said:
    My goal today is to get a half price meal before the offer closes! ?
    I hope you managed to get a meal in today? Or are you going for something this evening? :smile:

Today we went for a breakfast as Wetherspoons. It is usually £3.50 for a breakfast which is crazy in itself but with the scheme it was £1.75!
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    So today i went to see a friend, then came home and tidied my shed up a bit so i can do some artwork in there, not a bad day allround, i'm glad that your all able to do something, even if it seems small, its still productive

• 66Mustang
    Grinchy said:
    So today i went to see a friend, then came home and tidied my shed up a bit so i can do some artwork in there, not a bad day allround, i'm glad that your all able to do something, even if it seems small, its still productive

Sounds like a very productive day your end!
  • leeCal
    Yes @66Mustang I managed to get a midday meal out for two and two courses for £18.50, not as much a bargain as yours at weather spoons but still ok. I’m still full several hours later so it did the job!

everyone seems to have had a nice day today, that’s great ?!

Thank you all for your positive posts!

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness