My goal today - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s not bad at all so £9.25 a head?

It’s a shame this scheme isn’t going to go on longer, hehe

I was full from my breakfast too. Only needed cheese and biscuits by 7pm, no lunch or proper dinner needed!!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Today I need to make time to spend with an elderly friend, that’s my goal and it seems to be quite a modest one so all should be well.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's very thoughtful of you @leeCal. Do you have anything planned? Or just a nice catch up?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    @Tori_Scope no just a chat. It’s often very amusing because he talks about the old days and when he had to do national service. It does me as much good as him ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    I honestly love listening to older people talk about their experiences @leeCal! It's definitely something that benefits both parties. Have fun!

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Great thread @leeCal I love the feeling of ticking off something I needed to do, plus it's good motivation sharing our plans with others!

Not much for me to do today - I've already done a load of washing and hung it out.  If I can fit in a walk after work that'd be grand.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Enjoying this thread great to see what everyone wants to achieve in a day

Ive  not got a real goal today, just having a chill and having some me time
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I love this idea @leeCal

My goal for the week is to try and make a list of things I need to do.  :D 
    Scope

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @leeCal
                       Love this idea and think it is so important.  I have a goal system in place and this has really helped me to come to terms with elements of my disability. I have short, medium and long term goals. My goal for this week is to continuing planning the football competition for the online community in preparation for the start of the season. Thank you for sharing this. 
  • leeCal
    Glad everyone likes the thread ?

I achieved my goal today and thoroughly enjoyed a chat, chocolate brownie and cups of tea, great fun. 

I have a bigger goal this week but as @Cher_Scope says once you've mentioned it you do seem to be under, a little, pressure to achieve it and since it relies on having a rain free day I’ll postpone mentioning it until the weather is going to be fine. It’s an outside repair you see.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Well done for achieving your goal :) I hope the weather improves to enable you to achieve your goal for the following week. Thank you. 
  • leeCal
    edited August 2020
    So much rain today, I couldn’t do anything in the garden so I went to a small town and bought a nice jumper for autumn. Virtually brand new for ten percent of its normal price, such a bargain, warm too.  ?☔️

thank you @WestHam06 ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww that's lovely - what colour is it @leeCal ?

I have no goals for tonight other than to relax!! It's wet and soggy outside and I'm feeling sleepy.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    glad you got a new jumper @leeCal, shame about the weather, kept me indoors today to, i was waiting in for a new phone for my son, he's off to Uni next week in London,he is doing a performing arts degree at trinity latham, just about ready for him to leave, we will miss him, but know its for the best
  • leeCal
    @Cher_Scope my virtually new jumper is a beige like colour, apparently it goes well with my age! Ha ha. I’m very pleased with it anyway. Yes a sleepy day now, still warm enough but damp outside. I actually drove through a cloudburst it was very heavy torrential rain.

@grinchy the performing arts degree sounds amazing, what a great opportunity, your son must be talented I should think to get a place?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Good luck to your son @Grinchy! Of course you'll miss him, and I'm sure he'll miss you too, but hopefully he'll have a great time and get a lot out of it :) It's a difficult time for any parent I think.

• Grinchy
    thank you @leeCal and @Tori_Scope, yes we will miss him, but onwards and upwards he is really talented, he just got his grades redone as we queried them,  BTEC LEVEL 3 PERFORMING ARTS: DISTINCTION* DISTINCTION DISTINCTION. so we are pleased with that for him
  • Tori_Scope
    That's amazing @Grinchy! He must be really talented. 

Does he feel ready to go? 

• Grinchy
    Yeah he is really waiting to go, he can't wait @Tori_Scope, thanks 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    My goal today was to do very little in that I succeeded partly due to all the rain !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness