Intimidated and threatened into resigning b4 I was paid sick pay - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Intimidated and threatened into resigning b4 I was paid sick pay

Comments

• helenzx6r
    helenzx6r Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    They they were no heloquent at all.(( was a total waste of my time and fuel and £6 car parking.;(
    told me it was a police matter!!!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @helenzx6r Sorry what you are going through.

How can I help. ?  I did suggest speak to Disability Rights  have you spoken to them.

I can feel your frustration and anger.

I am here if I can suggest or advise with anything.  Be supportive.

Also have this organisation if this helps you if you are seeking employment.

https://www.evenbreak.co.uk.

An employment agency for members of our community.

My concern is that it is effecting you mentally.

All I can add is you are a member of this community where you are respected and valued.

Please if you need to talk I am listening anytime.

I do understand and have the time.

Please keep in touch.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • helenzx6r
    Just an update.x
    I finally won my employment tribunal x
    and had a nice settlement out of court xx
    Finally admitted 
    That the way they treated me was 
    Discrimination due  to my disability x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news and thanks for sharing with us at last itiver 

Just going to tag in another member who is going through discrimination tribunal at present 

@cupcake88 may find this thread interesting 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helenzx6r

I've just read back through all this and ooft, you have been through the mill.  I'm so glad you have come out the other side with a positive outcome.  Well done you for persevering :)   Disability discrimination needs confronting and your story will definitely give hope to others.   

Thanks for letting us know how you got on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Thanks @janer1967 this is very interesting . Did they offer a settle ment via acas ? Out of court ? I’m so glad you got what you deserved and a apologie which I hear is very hard to get . A apologies and compo is what you deserve . 

This thread is very interesting . They have till next week end of next week to fill out there response the et3 they already requested extra time so I’ll be annoyed if they don’t actually respond or try and pull a fast one . I already sent a letter to the tribunal to ask they have no more time and reasoning why . I have the pre hearing end of September over phone . If they don’t respond to the et1 am I right In  thinking That wIll go against them . I really don’t know why they have not used there extra time wisely . 
  • cupcake88
    The more people stand up to these employers the more they will
    think twice before behaving in such ways and discriminating: 
  • helenzx6r
    cupcake88 said:
    Thanks @janer1967 this is very interesting . Did they offer a settle ment via acas ? Out of court ? I’m so glad you got what you deserved and a apologie which I hear is very hard to get . A apologies and compo is what you deserve . 

This thread is very interesting . They have till next week end of next week to fill out there response the et3 they already requested extra time so I’ll be annoyed if they don’t actually respond or try and pull a fast one . I already sent a letter to the tribunal to ask they have no more time and reasoning why . I have the pre hearing end of September over phone . If they don’t respond to the et1 am I right In  thinking That wIll go against them . I really don’t know why they have not used there extra time wisely . 
    Hi
    their solicitor asked me for a Settlement I would  b happy with
    They accepted  and it had to be done through acas.x 
    they tried wverythig
    even changing the name of the company!
    whicj was my worry tor the court that they would go insolvent or find a way out.!!
    But it didn’t work for them! ? 
    I settled as the court was adjourned till April next year....
    and I wanted it all over due to the anxiety it was causing me x
    so glad I won
    they can’t treat anybody that way let alone sone1 who is disabled.!!
    I WON...xxx 
    there is restrictions 
    ie I can’t Discuss the  case openly about the settlement etc..!
     Give it alm you have cause we need to stand up the these idiots..!x
    good luck x

• cupcake88
    @helenzx6r well done to you for not letting them get away with it it’s not just your self that has won it’s a win for us all . I really hope other people in your past work place will be inspired by your courage . I understand you can’t say too much . I’m guessing you would of signed some thing . That’s good there solicitors offered it to you did they call you or email you ? I thought it was only acas who could arrange a settle ment out of court so thanks for that knowledge all tho I really don’t think these have got solicitors I really don’t think they have taken this seriously at all if I’m honest . I think now they are taking it abit serious but I think there hoping I’ll back down which I won’t . 

• helenzx6r
    Just u stick at it hun.x I almost got to the point of giving up...
    the inconvenience of having to travel
    miles to the court in 2019... then It was adjourned for another year....
    They were in court on the day all smug 
    the guy who committed  the discrimination Smirking and looking all smug!!
    but the judge sitting was not having none of it..) as he Culd clearly see that I had a case.xx the communication with their solicitor was all done through email aswell as acas, as it was All agreed at the start of the lockdown x Yes I had to sign COT3 and acas had to confirm all was agreed and signed before it was settled x

please
    let me l know how u get on.x and if u need any more info please just ask x

• cupcake88
    Thank you so much for updating us and your kind words . Yeh I’ll stick at it . You get ignored a lot at first ? Also I have sent over to them all my edvidence and documents and they have not done the same with me or given me access to what I required early this speaks of there guilt . There prob thinking how there going to get out oh this 
  • helenzx6r
    cupcake88 said:
    Thank you so much for updating us and your kind words . Yeh I’ll stick at it . You get ignored a lot at first ? Also I have sent over to them all my edvidence and documents and they have not done the same with me or given me access to what I required early this speaks of there guilt . There prob thinking how there going to get out oh this 
    Sounds very familiar
    They also  did not stick to any of the Court orders...x so they Culd have had a hefty fine From the court on top had they not seen the light and settled x
  • cupcake88
    Yeh the nearest court to me is hour and 30 mins away but thank god it’s a phone tribunal
    so that’s great because I don’t know how I would be able to get there with how I’ll iam so I’m greatful it’s a phone pre hearing but even then I can’t be dealing with the **** and lies they will come out with . So
    im preparing my left for that . I have kept all edvidence in a date order in a folder , all my notes , my proof of postage to them all letters , so I feel that I have enough edvidence I also have my medical edvidence to prove how I’ll iam . 
  • cupcake88
    I’m fully prepared that this is going to be a long process which I’m finding very hard to deal with but it’s important I stick to it and keep going like you did . I was going threw all my edvidence Making sure it’s in date order . All my proof of postage to them . I have already done my agenda ready for pre hearing . I’m fully prepared where as I think there under estimating me . I do find them very intimidating but I won’t be scared . Well done to you for not giving up . 

I’m also prepared to get silly offers also as well that’s if they do settle out of court .  I think they could do settle out of court because there not going to want there company name on the government tribunal site for every one to see but I think there going to lie and stall and drag out what they can , 

i have done a impact statement and I have also added some emails a member of staff who left gave me which im so greatful basically it was the owners being very nice to them bout her physical illness and asking how they could make reasonable adjustments and just a nice response compared to the horrendous degrading response I got from the owners from all the discrimination . I will be sending them copies of the two emails and letting them know I will be discussing this at pre tribunal . I have no problem in letting them see my edvidence there the ones who won’t give me access to documents because it will show them in a bad light they will look stupid if they want to ignore the court . 

I have shown a judge how much time they back had to prepare and what to supply me with so if they wanna mess bout that’s down to them . I was told to write a impact statement I still don’t know if I have wrote that right I wrote from my heart .

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Keep a track of costs you have incurred plus any personal distress. If they lie or delay or hinder the process then "aggravated damages" might get applied too which amounts to penal damages.

Examples of average Tribunal awards can be found on the internet.

I've started procedings three times, once for disability discrimination and two for breach of contract. In every case the other side settled before judgement.

If you are offered a proper Settlement Agreement then they must pay for your solicitor and you can set terms just like they can such as a gagging clause on them and drafting a statement of employment letter for them to sign so you can show a prospective new employer. You'll also want to be alowed to say that a Settlement Agreement was made to a new employer but not it's terms.

Don't be concerned because there is no actual courtroom and formalities are minimal.

• cupcake88
    Did you do a impact statement ? And send to the court and respondent ? I’m glad you got good settlements were they just before the court hearing ? 

I have heard there not like formal court rooms but I’m still really nervous I don’t like discussing my disability in person or what happened to me but I’ll have to mention it so the tribunal get a good idea of my illness and the back ground , I was discriminated against in so many different ways . 
  • Markmywords
    No, I didn't. They settled when they realised they had nothing they could put into writing as a defence.  The first and second settled after ACAS called them, back when ACAS was not compulsory. The third settled soon after I told them I was about to call ACAS.
    I have to compliment ACAS for getting results when the employer literally just shouts and threatens. They were even-handed with me too.

It's best to Google the average awards so you have a benchmark to work with. Remember that until you sign a settlement, you can drop it and go with ACAS. Don't tell ACAS it's settled until you have a solicitor approved document signed by the ex-employer.
    Even if you do get a settlement, brace yourself for name calling and verbal threats. I had the owner call my home, swearing.  If I'd had caller ID back then, I'd not have answered.
  • cupcake88
    Sorry for taking over the thread . I’m so greatful for all this advise from you all . Thank god for this forum . 

My acad advisor is good he’s really busy but still finds time to respond to my many questions . They told acas they wished to take part in early colciliation they messaged the respondent loads and they kept saying they were thinking bout it to then respond with a no when they had wasted a whole month . So I don’t trust them .

i was advised I’m looking at the middle tier for compensation . So I know the figure I want if we go to court and what I will settle for . I’m looking for composation for injury to feelings and loss of earnings as they set my health right back And really knocked me down , I want the stolen Pension money they can’t explain where it went to refunded back , because they chose to block all my emails and lie to acas saying they had no they made it very hard for me to collect my last pay also . I do also want refunding back for all the stamps and proof of posting which of course has added up . And I would like loss of earnings . 

As far as edvidence goes I have times and dates wrote down of all the bullying , I have proof they tried to pocket my pension money , I have a witness to them putting me down constantly , the manager called me mentally retarded . There was a group chat amongst managers that were mocking my illness I was sent a screen shot of it . Thank god for the nice staff I have met they have really supplied me with a lot of edvidence , there was also a email that was sent around on there in house emails that a member of staff that has now left took a pic of it for me and sent it to me basically telling all staff if they find out they have spoken to me or agreeed to be my witnesses there be consequences so I have that , I also have a comparison on how they treat people with and with disabilities , I also have a lovely 2 page email from the owners of the company incriminating them selves to a point when I was mortified they would send such a harsh email , stating what they think of mental illness and just really horrible they stuffed them selves with that email and I think they know it . So far they have not replied to any of my document requests which  The judge will tell them to do so at pre hearing . I’m just looking over my impact statement I still don’t know if I have wrote it up right . Do you know what happens at a pre hearing any one ?
  • Markmywords
    Never call ex-colleagues as witnesses or discuss it with them. Once they are threatened they will drop you in it in a second.

Apart from that, it seems that their corrupt behaviour will earn them penal damages too.

• cupcake88
    What bout collegues who aren’t there any more ? Because a couple who aren’t there have been very helpful 

Brightness