My goal today - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    No real goals today, but it is Saturday after all so perhaps a little shopping.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Almost forgot , it’s a bank holiday weekend. I have no plans as far as that’s concerned but we sometimes take a ride out somewhere so perhaps later. 

A problem we have in my area is that on bank holidays the  local traffic increases tenfold and makes it difficult to get anywhere with ease. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leeCal I tend to agree and stay in over bank holidays as it is a lot busier out there on the roads and at events and shops and such

My goal is to finally finish the first season of prison break I never realised there were so many episodes

Will also be watching the grand prix qualifying and having a chill and a nice take away
  • leeCal
    Sounds good @janer1967 ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Despite it being a holiday today I have a job to do treating some four by two plates with preserver. This is part of a decking repair job I have to do in the garden this coming week. Shouldn’t take too long...now where’s me brush?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    Hope you get it finished , my goal today is to do another unit of my diploma over half way through the diploma now
  • leeCal
    Well done @janer1967 your dedication to the task is paying off ?

meanwhile yes! I’ve painted all my timber...though it looks like rain soon. Perhaps it’ll pass over. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    Fingers crossed it passes its very sunny here in South Yorkshire today makes a change for a bank holiday 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Janer1967 did you get your unit done?  it was very sunny here yesterday I agree!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    Yes @Cher_Scope I got 2 units done so even better hope you did ok with your dissertation 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @janer1967 Ooooh get you!! Well done :)

Yep my dissertation is ready to submit tonight after one final, final proof-read! 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    today I have to pick up the prescription from last week, not an easy task as almost every hour of every day there are six to ten people waiting for the same reason. I don’t fancy it at all because they’re so slooooooow. Never mind, I’ll just have to bite the bullet as they say.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal Good luck, it's the same at my chemist!  if you can, take something to read with you for the wait.

• janer1967
    Well done @Cher_Scope What a relief that will be to finally have it submitted I know thats how I felt when I did mine

In those days though you had to have it bound and handed in person
  • Cher_Alumni
    Thank you @janer1967 I'll feel like a new person tomorrow  :)  Nope this one is just a "press submit" job.  6 months work has gone into it! 

• leeCal
    Well done @Cher_Scope, sustained effort really does pay off eventually doesn’t it.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Well not that I need a goal every day but today I’m finding it very hard to motivate myself to do something I really should do, at least soon anyway. It’s to fix the decking basically as it moves a lot because the base plates have rotted. It’ll wait but I often find it difficult to get going and I don’t want the weather to get too damp before it’s done.

ill have a coffee and think about it again....

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @leeCal you sound like me do anything to put off what jobs need doing 

My goal complete today getting everything ready for sons return to school tomorrow good job I hadn't forgot anything as bit last minute to sort it 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That does sound like a big job @leeCal! A coffee sounds like a good idea. It's okay if you don't feel up to it today though, there's always another day
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck to your son for tomorrow @janer1967!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness