Received a letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received a letter

Options
tommymcfc22
tommymcfc22 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I won my pip appeal by telephone on 11/8/20 haven't heard from dwp got another letter asking if I've been abroad or in hospital sent that back it was dated 21/8/20 didn't hear nothing else so rang them and they said they have till 18 September to respond does anybody know what that means? And is it normal ? Just wondering if anyone who has won there appeal how long it took for there money to arrive thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. They sometimes request it but rarely appeal it but they can't appeal it without finding the error in law. If they request these it doesn't mean they are appealing the decision.

The letter you received is standard procedure, as advised in a previous thread of yours. It can take 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money, sometimes longer.

I know you're anxious but there's nothing at all you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tommymcfc22
    Options
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @tommymcfc22 my son’s tribunal was 25th June and he got his pay this morning. There was a slight delay because a date was wrong on the court form but to put your mind at rest. The last thing they ask is about hospital etc. Then they check if the bank account number is correct. THEN you get paid , good luck x
  • tommymcfc22
    Options
    Thank You lulu I started to worry that they had changed there mind 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Lulu_1949 Pleased to hear your son has finally got his money

@tommymcfc22 Once they have asked those questions then you normally get the money but it seems you are doing this by post which will have delayed the process as it takes a while for DWP to actually get the letter and have it scanned on the system for them then to action
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tommymcfc22, great news about winning the appeal! :)

Just want to check in to see if you have received the money yet.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.