award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

award

pierce202
pierce202 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i recently just got told my renewal went through and i have my sons dla for another 5 yrs i only sent it in 2 wks ago was happily shocked when i rang them as the diccision has been done and signed off, yesterday i had a call from a withheld number which rang off by the time i answered so now im worrying they could have tried to ring, i dont want to ring and ask as im prpobably worrying for nothing so im thinking leave it and if it was dla they will ring again, the paper work is on its way as the dicission was doe on 3rd sept, shall i just wait for paper work stateing it in writeing and if they need me surely they will ring again as being withheld i dont know who rang me could have been a cold call 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi,

You'll need to wait for the decision letter to arrive for the DLA. As for the phone call then yes it may not have been DWP, unless they left a message then you may never know who it was. If it's important then they'll ring back. I have people ringing me from withheld numbers other than DWP. Great news for the DLA too.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news about the DLA I wouldnt worry too much about the call if it was DWP they will call again
    I rejected the call they made to me as I dont normally take unknown number calls but they tried 5 times in a row so answered in the end
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pierce202 and welcome to the community :) 

How are you today? 

Great news about the DLA renewal, I bet you're delighted. As mentioned above, no need to worry about the call, if it was them they'll call back if it's something important. Nobody likes answering from those random private numbers! :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • pierce202
    pierce202 Community member Posts: 7 Listener

How are you today? 

Great news about the DLA renewal, I bet you're delighted. As mentioned above, no need to worry about the call, if it was them they'll call back if it's something important. Nobody likes answering from those random private numbers! :) 

Hi was also wondering his next 5 yrs takes him to nearly 17 so surly before that date he will have to claim pip is that just standard to do it for 5 yrs but then we just apply for pip even thoe 5 yrs not up
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    pierce202 said:

How are you today? 

Hi was also wondering his next 5 yrs takes him to nearly 17 so surly before that date he will have to claim pip is that just standard to do it for 5 yrs but then we just apply for pip even thoe 5 yrs not up

Once he reaches his 16th birthday he'll be invited to apply for PIP, regardless of his DLA award length. As that's about 4 years time then i wouldn't think of that right now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.