What TV shows did you watch growing up? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What TV shows did you watch growing up?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Captain Pugwash, Noggin the Nog, Tom & Jerry, The Flintstones, & Top Cat, but the most memorable/enjoyable ones were The Magic Roundabout, & Clangers.
    When I watched TV with my eldest daughter, I really enjoyed King Rollo & bought her the books. If I can't find an appropriate card, I still make King Rollo cards all these years later.....you'd have had to have watched this to understand.

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @leeCal

I remember the Val Doonican Show? and Hawaii Five O “Book him Danno”??

Upstairs Downstairs
    Willo the Wisp
    Grange Hill

• RAwarrior
    Seaside Special 
    It’s a Knockout 
    The Good Old Days
    Play School

• RAwarrior
    Chips

Metal Mickey

Shine on Harvey Moon

Some Mothers Do Have Em??

**** Emery Show

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Never liked many of the kids tv shows from when I was little...for some reason they always seemed ever so slightly sinister...didnt help that all the narration sounded like it was recorded in a toilet...but when I was tiny I loved a programme called Pogles Wood...god I'm old!

Much preferred the stuff that was on when my kids were growing up...Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, Pingu, bananaman. Loved Ant and Dec on a saturday morning...with Prozac the fairy..lol
  • RAwarrior
    Bagpuss

Babapapa

Pipkins

Tom and Jerry

Roadrunner

Animal Magic was brilliant ?

Magic Roundabout

Button Moon
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    edited September 2020
    The Magic Roundabout
    The Wombles
    Jimbo Jet
    Pigeon Street
    Grott Bags
    Count Ducula
    Button Moon
    Fireman Sam
    Spot the dog
    Postman Pat
    Banana Man
    Super Ted
    Thomas The Tank Engine
    Inspector Gadget 
    Fraggle Rock
    Sesame Street
    Sooty
    The Flumps
    Baa Baa
    Super Gran
    Rodd Hull And Emu
    Danger Mouse
    The Munsters
    Sabrina The Teenage Witch
    Going Round The Twist
    The Biz
    Byker Grove
    Neighbours
    Home and Away
    Brookside
    Going Live
    The Two Ronnies
    Gladiators
    You Bet
    Dame Edna Everage Show
    Challenge Aneeka
    Stars In Their Eyes
    The Generation Game
    Take Your Pick
    BlockBusters
    Countdown
    Fifteen To One
    Every Second Counts
    Going For Gold
    Turnabout
    Supermarket Sweep
    Ready,Steady,Cook
    The Crystal Maze
    Wheel of Fortune
    Time After Time
    Bread
    Second Thoughts
    Des O'connor Show
    Rusty Lee 
    Killroy
    The Time,The Place
    Montel Jordan
    Rickki Lake
    Trisha
    Vanessa
    TFI Friday
    Top Of The Pops
    The Top 40
    These are from when I was little up until I was 18. Man I watched a lot of TV! 
    After reading some of the comments,I forgot to add Rentaghost,Basil Brush,Roland Rat,Blue Peter,Rainbow,Tony Hart,Chuckle vision,Art Attack and The Crankies. 

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger

As an older kid we gained a 5th channel and it was things like Arthur, Hey Arnold, Fairly Odd Parents, Cow & Chicken, Yvon of the Yukon, Art Attack, SMart, Mona the Vampire, Pinky & the Brain, Recess, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, Angry Beavers, The Queens Nose, Scooby Doo, Lizzie Mcguire, Raven, Get Your Own Back, The Cramp Twins, Chucklevision, Horrible Histories, The Really Wild Show, Kerching!, **** & Dom, Diggit, Milkshake, Jackie Chan Adventures, Looney Tunes, Keenan & Kel...
    All fantastic shows, I used to watch so many of those myself. Ahhh the memories :D What was Fairly Odd Parents about? Name rings a bell but I can't remember it!
    It was a cartoon, little Timmy Turner with a pink cap, had 2 fairy godparents that granted his every wish!  The wishes always went wrong and caused more problems though...I'm sure there was a moral in there somewhere! :D

• RAwarrior
    chorlton and the Wheelies.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    My children watched my parents are aliens, I thought it was well acted and funny.
    Steptoe and son was often funny as was Alf Garnet.
    rising damp with Leonard Rossiter was hilarious ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I remember a few but it was soooooo long ago plus we didn't have a colour TV until I was 14.

Andy Pandy (now banned), The woodentops (also banned), Tales of the Riverbank and Blue Peter a little later ( I actually had a Blue Peter badge, lol!). Then ofc Doctor Who, Fireball XL5 then onto Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90. I get a little confused at times though because of watching so many others sitting with my kids (the girls liked cartoons mostly, a lot Japanese or Korean) and my son was mad about Thomas the Tank Engine.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    I forgot about stingray @Topkitten And Ivor the engine, I think Thomas the tank engine was from that series actually? I may be wrong.
    how about Lassie, Rin tin tin, skippy the bush kangaroo and a dolphin but I don’t remember it’s name, also the adventures of Tarzan and the flying doctor. Great stuff. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    edited September 2020
    Yep @leeCal, "Lassie", skippy and the dolphin and then also "Robin Hood" but a little older than the initial post for those. Later still came "The Saint" (always struck me that The Saint was acting as James Bond, lol!) and ofc having to sit through "Dixon of Dock Green" and later still "Softly softly" and the detective on the Channel Isles because Dad liked them. Not forgetting cartoons like "Tom & Jerry", "Dangermouse", "Yogi Bear" & "TopCat". Another early one was "Sooty & Sweep" and a bit later "Jackanory" and ofc every Friday early evening was "Crackerjack" and who could forget "Noddy" though I think that's banned too. I seem to remember a show with a story which they read after going through shaped windows.

"Ivor the engine" was made using paper pictures and moving them a frame at a time and don't forget the dragon that always seemed to appear. Thomas was made using the Dinky Toys and narrated by Ringo Starr in the end but I can't remember who did the early ones.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • leeCal
    Aah, such memories. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    The dolphin was 'Flipper.' 'Bergerac' was the Jersey detective series. I must have watched quite a bit of TV too, tho I rarely put the TV on nowadays. :)
  • RAwarrior
    Does anyone remember Champion the Wonder ??
  • RAwarrior
    I really liked George and Mildred?
  • Cress
    Pippi longstocking,  what the heck was that about? Lol

Follyfoot...sister was mad on horses!

• Cress
    I forgot the muppets...meh na meh na, doo doo do do do...
    Drove the teachers at school mad with that one!
  • Cress
    The Last Resort with Johnathan Ross, loved it.
    Whose line is it anyway?
    Saturday Night Live...Ben Elton etc
    And how could I forget Red Dwarf?
    Smoke me a kipper! Lol

Brightness