Tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal date

debdeb13
debdeb13 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello i have my telephone tribunal  on Thursday  i had to send email to to the court of appeal as it was still showing dwp have not responded to your appeal. i had been waiting nearly a year for date and its been 16 mths since i applied  for pip .any advice would be very gratefull. As im a little nervous and unsure whats going to happen thanks x
Tagged:

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debdeb13, I'm sorry this is causing you worry. I hope it goes okay on Thursday. A tribunal will go through the different components of PIP and will ask you questions. If you have a copy of your form it might be good to have that to refer back to.

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debdeb13 Fingers crossed for your appeal

Have a good look through the bundle and go through and highlight each descriptor you think you should have scored points for and the give examples of what happens when you try and do the task eg what happens when you try and do it, can you do it , if you need support or use an aid, if you cant do it why cant you do it.

Can you do the task safely and repeatedly, would you put yourself at risk if you did the task

On the call as they ask you the questions go through your list and at the end they will ask if you want to add anything you can then add anything that has been missed

It may last a while so have a drink at the ready and phone charged, and if somebody can be there with youn they can take notes and prompt you

Good luck let us know how it goes
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with your appeal :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • debdeb13
    Hello had my tribunal  i won  got letter this morning so happy still in shock  thankyou for all your help and advice very grateful 
  • debdeb13
    Hello had my tribunal  i won  got letter this morning so happy still in shock  thankyou for all your help and advice very grateful 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @debdeb13 - delighted to read about your success, & thank you for sharing. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic news and thanks for sharing, have a nice bank holiday weekend
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Brilliant news @debdeb13

Thank you for letting us know and enjoy the rest of this long weekend  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @debdeb13!!! So happy for you. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.