hello from ernie2009 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hello from ernie2009

ernie2009
ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
hi everyone, just joined the scope group after stumbling across it 2 days ago. i spot quite a few faimilar names on here and hope to chat with some of you very soon. hope you all have a wonderfull day.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ernie2009 and welcome to the online community :) 

Thank you for joining us! How are you today? Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ernie2009

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please come back to me if you have any problems getting around?????

@steve51
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @ernie2009, welcome to the community! I hope you are well,

Han
  • ernie2009
    Han_ said:

Han
    hello han, yes i am well as i hope you are and and a big thank-you for your warm wellcome.
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    ernie2009 said:
    Han_ said:

Han
    hello han, yes i am well as i hope you are and and a big thank-you for your warm wellcome.
    That's good to hear. I am well too, thank you. I hope you enjoy getting involved in the forum.

Han
  • ernie2009
    steve51 said:
    Hi @ernie2009

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please come back to me if you have any problems getting around?????

@steve51
    hello steve and many thanks for your warm wellcome. im sure ill need lots of help in the very near future so will be in touch.thanks again ernie
  • ernie2009
    Hello @ernie2009 and welcome to the online community :) 

Thank you for joining us! How are you today? Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself?

hi ross, many thanks for your warm wellcome and i am fine thank-you. sorry for my short introduction sometimes i get stuck for words so will try harder this time. im 67 years old and retired at 65 and have been recieving pip for just over 6 years for problems with my legs and knees. ive never had any problems the 2 times ive aplied for pip so guess ive been lucky compared to some. the second time i aplied was awarded enchanced motabilty and standard daily living component. aprox 10 wks agao i informed dwp i have now got severe mental health issues plus problems with my upper and lower spine. about 2 wks after i get a new book to fill in about my health conditions and on wednesday 16th have a telephone assessment at 8am all this after being told 10wks ago my award no longer has an end date as im retired. my health conditions are getting worse but just grin and bear it . my mental health basically stops me going out 95% of the time but i know i feel much safer at home. hopefully if i need it ill get help from the good folks on here. thanks to everyone for being who you all are caring and helpfull plus warm hearted.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ernie2009 - It's good to 'meet' you, so thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. It sounds like you'll fit right in, & enjoy being part of this friendly & supportive community. I look forward to seeing you around the forum, & do visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge' as well. You'll find links to this & other discussions right at the top of this page. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ernie2009 Welcome to the community from me too glad you have joined us and look forward to seeing you around

Good luck for your telephone assessment let us know how you get on

What do you get up to now you have retired any hobbies you hsve
  • ernie2009
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @ernie2009 - It's good to 'meet' you, so thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. It sounds like you'll fit right in, & enjoy being part of this friendly & supportive community. I look forward to seeing you around the forum, & do visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge' as well. You'll find links to this & other discussions right at the top of this page. :)
    hi chiarieds, many thanks for your wonderfull wellcome and yes im going to try very hard to fit in and visit very often. ive noticed allready how friendly everyone is which make it all so much easier for everyone. hopefully will chat soon and thanks again
  • ernie2009
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @ernie2009 Welcome to the community from me too glad you have joined us and look forward to seeing you around

Good luck for your telephone assessment let us know how you get on

What do you get up to now you have retired any hobbies you hsve
    hi janer1967  and again many thanks for your warm wellcome. ive been lucky with assessments as i was assessed first time around then 2 years later just filled in the book which asks if your condition is same, worse or batter and within few wks got a call from a lady who said im not going to assess you and am putting you on enhanced mobillity. the only reson ive got the call on wed 16th is because i wrote telling them my conditions had got worse and bobs your uncle another book to fill in an a telephone assessment. i lloked forward to retirement for some time but then my mental health was diagnosed and now i just dont like leaving the house evan when i do mainly to doctors i have to go in a wheelchair. its really got me down over the past 6 maybe years not being able to do what i should be able to do but realise there are folks with a lot worse than me. thanks agin for your wonderfull wellcome.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome @ernie2009 - yes, everyone here is very friendly; it's a great community to belong to. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time @ernie2009, but I'm glad you've stumbled across us :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ernie2009
    thank you so much tori im also so glad ive found you all and many thanks for your messgae.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @ernie2009
    Scope

• janer1967
    @ernie2009 It is hard getting used to not being able to do the things you are used to doing

I too am in this situation having had my leg amputated and losing most of my vision, but now a few years on I try and be positive and enjoy the things I can still do

Unfortunately reporting a change of circumstances does trigger a new assessment process lets hope you are successful

Itys been nice seeing you around and joining in
  • ernie2009
    janer1967 said:
    @ernie2009 It is hard getting used to not being able to do the things you are used to doing

I too am in this situation having had my leg amputated and losing most of my vision, but now a few years on I try and be positive and enjoy the things I can still do

Unfortunately reporting a change of circumstances does trigger a new assessment process lets hope you are successful

Itys been nice seeing you around and joining in
    thanks so very much janer for your message. yes ive been told about change of circumstance and now know it triggers a whole new assessment. hopefully after wednesday i can calm down a little. have a wonderfull weekend.
  • willow12
    willow12 Community member Posts: 280 Pioneering
    Hi all hope your all well I only joined this group today 
  • janer1967
    Hi @willow12 Welcome on board glad you have joined

You may want to start your own post to welcome yourself so it gets seen

Have a look around and feel free to join in, maybe explore out virtual coffee lounge, if there is anything you want to know just ask

I look forward to seeing you around
  • willow12
    willow12 Community member Posts: 280 Pioneering
    Thank you for the warm welcome 

Brightness