Changes to the online community and its team - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changes to the online community and its team

2»

Comments

• Catkins
    Catkins Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    THANK YOU ALL.❤

Found this group YESTERDY,,by accident.........it really was ment to be!!!Enjoying finding my way around and know,no matter what...it is a place were you can get help if u ask for it.Xxxx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely words @RAwarrior, I'm so happy that you feel at home on this community :) 

Glad to have you aboard @Catkins, if you ever need help navigating the site don't hesitate to let us know, sometimes it can take a while to get used to.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Ross_Scope

Thank you very much ?

I actually feel welcome here and it is so upsetting and frustrating that many people are very dismissive because someone is disabled. 

There is so much talk about mental health issues these days than there ever was before but in reality many people choose to ignore as it is a tick box exercise for many people but they don’t put any training or awareness into practice?

Maybe I should post this saying on the Old Sayings thread”you can’t judge a book by its cover”?
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Thanks to all new helpers who have very kindly volunteered their time to help others out . God knows where I would have been without scope members help . I paid nearly £20 to join a similar site ...( before I came across this site ) ...well done to Scope and all the members who help others .??
    May your God go with you ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 43 Courageous
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Seanchai
    Hi @Shezz....and welcome .....How did you know I played acoustic guitar  ,. my hearing is pretty poor so i gave up playing my guitar ( the same guitar i got myself when i was 14 years old )  ...but with my hearing so bad i stopped playing it and it lay on its stand in the corner of my computer room for years . i,m totally deaf in my right ear apart from jet engine tinnitus 24/7 . ....my wife likes country music so she has it on when doing housework , I came in from the garden  ( just over six months ago)  and I could hear a 5 string banjo over all the other instruments in the band .
    So I decided to get myself a cheap 5 string banjo  ....and I have not put it down since ( I really enjoy learning it  especially as we are in isolation a year next month ) I am now learning clawhammer banjo as well ...its taking a long time but I,m getting there with it , especially bluegrass style .
    I played in a band for 20 years ( I think that is partly what caused my hearing loss ) ??...  I also play flute , harmonica , penny whistle , bohdran and I can knock a tune out of an accordion .
    Yep , the people on this site are so friendly and also very helpful ....I used to volunteer for anything that needed done in the village , alas , I am not able to do so and I miss helping people ...I got a buzz out of volunteering for many years after the government closed all the factories, foundries and pits in our area .
    I could do with a sing song right now ??
    Do you play any instruments Shezz ?? 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 43 Courageous
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Seanchai
    Hi Shezz .....sure, i think playing an instrument is like anything else  " If you don,t use it , you lose it" ..? I have not been playing the guitar for years and I forget the names of the various chords , but I could still play it . I don,t play flute now as I don,t have the puff for it....but the brain-finger co-ordination has helped loads in learning ( trying to learn ) my 5 string banjo .
    I think I would freeze up as well , giving bags of money away ???
    It was handy you  having a good friend in the SAA  Shezz.

You sound like a well travelled lady . I was in the USA a few years back ( Florida) with my family ( most of my family but my grandson is severely autistic and my daughter stayed home to look after him ....if he could have flown we would have all been there.).
    We really enjoyed it ( 9 of us).  Three weeks in a big villa in the sun....Amazing ! ( It cost an arm and a leg and certainly a "one off" for us) my sons and their families have been back to Florida ...but ...of course last summer, my youngest son and his family were ready to go again to Florida...but the covid 19 virus stopped that ...my family all work hard and I hope they can all get a holiday later this year....but it does not look to promising .?
    Please take care out there Shezz ??
  • revel
    revel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I'm new here to been looking for some support. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    revel said:
    Hi I'm new here to been looking for some support. 
    Hello and welcome. What support is it you're looking for?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
    0898 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Adrian-scope thanks or all the help and hope you give to everybody your all so generous and hi to the new angels who give everyone hope x

Brightness