Hi, my name is Minni69! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Minni69!

Minni69
Minni69 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi,
I'm new to the group, I have been suffering with DDD since I was 27, it's not easy coping with pain everyday.
I'm at pain clinic and have been lucky to get a good Dr. Someone in the group mentioned pacing and I learnt that at pain clinic, which I find really helps. What you need to learn is that you can't do everything in one go, but split your tasks/chores over a few hours and take a rest in between.
The hardest thing I find is when family and friends ask how you are? I always try and remember their are people worse off than me. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Minni69

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I have also got “Chronic Pain” I have had this since 2007.

We have got some good info for you below.

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/72756/chronic-pain

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/72324/experiences-of-people-living-with-chronic-pain

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Minni69 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. You will find many people here also have chronic pain, & have found pacing helpful, as you have done. It's not easy at first, I found, as I just wanted to get through everything that needed doing, but then it takes longer to recover.
    It's good you have a supportive & understanding Dr. It also sounds like you'll fit right in here as you know what it's like to have daily pain, & are finding ways to cope & help other members too with your sound advice. I look forward to seeing you around the forum........you might like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' for a chat, & distraction. :)
  • Minni69
    Hi, 
    Thank you for replying to my message and welcoming me. Really does help to talk to like minded people who live in pain. I'll check out the coffee lounge when I get a minute. Thanks again, looking forward to chatting some more, because that's something I can do, lol
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Minni69  welcome to the community. I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions. The community is here if you ever need anything even, if it’s just a chat. We’re glad to have you with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @minni69 and welcome to our community.  I'm glad you found us and I hope we can help you.

Degenerative disc disease must be difficult to live with, especially from such a young age and I can understand you struggling with friends and family asking how you are.  When impairment isn't visible it's hard to convey how much pain you are in and often it can be easier to just pretend that you are fine - I know that's something I've done before!

Please know though that you have every right to vent, complain or moan on days you are feeling the brunt of your DDD.  Chronic pain is hard and if you ever want to rant about it come here and tell us because we get it.  

I'm glad @steve51 has given you links to places in our community that you might enjoy  :) Feel free to make yourself at home.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Minni69
    Thank you Cher scope, good to be with people who are in the same boat as the phrase goes. Nice to know you can rant and vent with people who understand.
    Have a good rest of the day ?
  • Minni69
    Hi emmarenshaw, thank you 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Minni69, so great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness