Hi, my name is Alinabulina08! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Alinabulina08!

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Alinabulina08! Welcome to the community :)

Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Alinabulina08

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let us know a bit more about yourself if you don’t mind??????

@steve51
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Hello @Alinabulina08 Welcome to our community.  We are a nice bunch and there is a hist of information on almost anything you can imagine.  Enjoy being part of it.
  • Alinabulina08
    Alinabulina08 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Hi, Tori_Scope, hi everyone  ! My name is Alina, I am 38th years old and have just joined to receive support when necessary and if I can help anyone along the way ,,
    I have Brachial Neuritis ( Parsonage Turner syndrome ) since 13th November 2019,  I am completely off from work since November last year due to my health condition (right arm paralysed) and I am receiving DLA .
  • Tori_Scope
    Thanks for sharing @Alinabulina08 :) 

I don't know anything about Brachial Neuritis, but I'd be interested to learn more about it!

You've come to the right place to find support, and to be able to offer your support too. 

I look forward to seeing you around. Let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site.

• Alinabulina08
    Alinabulina08 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    @Tori_Scope
     Brachial neuritis is a form of peripheral neuropathy that affects the chest, shoulder, arm and hand. Peripheral neuropathy is a disease characterised by pain or loss of function in the nerves that carry signals to and from the brain and spinal cord (the central nervous system) to other parts of the body. It is a fairly rare condition.

Brachial neuritis is also referred to as brachial neuropathy or a brachial plexus injury. When acute brachial neuritis occurs, the damage to the brachial nerves comes on suddenly and unexpectedly, without being related to any other injury or physical condition. This is also called Parsonage-Turner syndrome or neuralgic amyotrophy.

Brachial neuritis affects mainly the lower nerves of the brachial plexus, in the arm and hand. The brachial plexus is a bundle of nerves that travels from the spinal cord to the chest, shoulder, arms, and hands. It usually affects just one side of the body, but it can involve other nerves and other parts of the body, as well. Here is a brief overview of the different types of brachial plexus injuries Acute brachial neuritis. This type of brachial neuritis occurs unexpectedly on its own. It is characterised by sharp, severe pain in the nerves of the brachial plexus, followed by weakness or numbness. The cause of acute brachial neuritis is unknown.           
      Brachial plexus injury. Some people have pain and loss of function to the brachial plexus as the result of another type of injury. For example, babies can injure the brachial plexus when they pass through the birth canal during labor.

Thank you for your warm welcome guys !  :)  
  • Tori_Scope
    Thank you @Alinabulina08! That's really informative. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Alinabulina08, glad you've joined us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Alinabulina08 - & welcome from me too. You certainly are well informed about brachial neuritis. In the newborn such damage is also known as Erb's palsy, something I know about having worked as a physio a long time ago.
    You will find this group both friendly & supportive, & your input will be most welcome. So, thank you for joining us all, & I hope you enjoy being part of this community. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Alinabulina08 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Alinabulina08 and thank you for sharing that with us. :)

How are you today? 
    Scope

• Ash1972
    Ash1972 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Its really nice to see information on parsonage turner syndrome. I had the diagnosis 2years ago. A part from the acute pain in the early stages I was left with some weakness to right side, and some muscle loss to my tricep and pecs, lucky I guess, as this could have been much worse.
    Just managing it theses days. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi again @Ash1972

Just seen your response on this thread in relation to Alinabulina08's post. No doubt you will probably have spotted this yourself - but because this is an older thread going back to September 2020, you might not get such a swift or active response to your post here. 

You never know though, somebody on the community might catch sight of it - fingers crossed :smile:
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • elainecolin
    elainecolin Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi I have parasonge  tuner  syndrome.  Down to covid vaccine. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Welcome to the community @elainecolin :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I had a quick look online, and it seems there's a little but written about this link, though it fortunately seems quite rare.

Are you undergoing treatment to help with your symptoms? 

• elainecolin
    Hiya . They wanted me to take strong  pain killers when they pain was at it's worse. They want me to start physiotherapy  again . Even though  we have tried it and did not work. Be 2 years this march . Elaine.
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm sorry to hear that physiotherapy hasn't worked as well as though might have hoped in the past @elainecolin. It can take time to see results. Do you think you'll give it another go? 

What other kind of treatment options do you think could help?

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
     @Alinabulina08 I would you to welcome the community :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• elainecolin
    Hiya yep going to give it another go. Did not take the painkillers.  As not very good with them.hospital have said I am going to be left with weakness in my arm. I was hoping some one could give some information. As it's that rare .and down to covid vaccine.  Even top doctors dont know. Elaine
  • Tori_Scope
    I don't recall anyone mentioning it on the community under these circumstances, but they may have done @elainecolin. We've had some people talk about SIRVA due to misadministration of the vaccine, but I think that's slightly different?

Brightness