carer element. backdated or not? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carer element. backdated or not?

2»

Comments

• Charlotte2020
    Charlotte2020 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    @camber993
    @poppy123456

Thank you for replying so quickly. You have both answered the questions I have been trying to figure out for some time. I'm really happy I have found this. 
    ?
  • Delanwy
    Delanwy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi im still waiting on decision maker about my carers element been backdated been three months now when they've came up with decision about the backdate do they automatically pay you your next universal credit pay day or would it be different 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Delanwy said:
    Hi im still waiting on decision maker about my carers element been backdated been three months now when they've came up with decision about the backdate do they automatically pay you your next universal credit pay day or would it be different 

HI,
    I answered your question on your other thread here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/73841/hi-my-name-is-delanwy#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • camber993
    camber993 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Brilliant, I'm glad it's finally sorted for you @camber993
    Thanks Adrian, & Chloe, interestingly it was resolved back in July ‘19 and I got 4 months backdated after the long delayed MR decision, but guess what! 
    Yesterday, some 2 years later, I get a letter to say I’ve been overpaid carers element for exactly this 4 month period and for the same amount. ?
    I’m trying to decide if it’s an error, or if they’ve revised and changed their decision to backdate it. ?‍♂️ So I’ve asked for an explanation and directed them to the letter showing acceptance of my MR claim, and the notes on my journal. 
    I’m hoping it’s a mistake, but it does make you wonder..

• doahead
    doahead Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited May 2022
    I am sorry you had to go through all of this and the fact that it took you 75 days to solve the issue for them to blame it on a data input error. I was going through a similar situation, but I didn’t have your perseverance, and as soon as I realised that I had no idea what was going on, I just hired a company that took care of everything. I contacted(Removed by moderator, link to non-UK based organisation) and all I had to do was tell them my story in detail and provide the necessary documentation. The next time I heard from them once everything was arranged.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    doahead said:
    I am sorry you had to go through all of this and the fact that it took you 75 days to solve the issue for them to blame it on a data input error. I was going through a similar situation, but I didn’t have your perseverance, and as soon as I realised that I had no idea what was going on, I just hired a company that took care of everything. I contacted , Removed by moderator, link to a none-UK based organisation) , and all I had to do was tell them my story in detail and provide the necessary documentation. The next time I heard from them once everything was arranged.

That link you posted is for use in the USA, which is of no use to us here because Scope is a UK based charity. This thread is regarding a welfare benefit claim here in the UK and this company wouldn't be able to help with that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.