gp social worker said they called me, but never did - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

gp social worker said they called me, but never did

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @meymay93 It's lovely to see you about the community.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get in touch with the mental health team.  Did you leave a message for them to call you? 

Also, @chiarieds advice about re-arranging the PIP assessment so your daughter can be with you is good.  Would you be comfortable doing that?  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    Hi 
    Not yet they not contact me yet pip assessment I am on my own because she told me she had meeting that day   I don't know who can help me I am already panic 
  • meymay93
    Hi
     I will on my own I don't want to call them because my dougther last min bring another meeting I am panic badly but I am gone told them I am panic attact 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry your daughter will not be with you when you have your PIP assessment because she has a meeting. Will your friend be with you for support anyway? Even if she cannot say anything, it might be good to have someone with you.
    Try not to worry, they just ask questions about what you wrote in your PIP claim form. Take your time answering, and ask them to repeat any questions if you need to. If you struggle, they will understand it is because of your problems. If you need a break for a few minutes, let them know.
    We will be thinking about you, and the assessment will be all over and done with soon. You can do this. It will be OK. :)
  • meymay93
    Hi 
    My friend gone whit me she not speak English I just need support mentally my heart already bumping badly my head sweating I am worrying my social gone put hospital bed and wet room I hope I can manage my PC I am always worrying pray for me please my social worker gone give me support worker thank you so much for support 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad your friend can be with you for support @meymay93 :) 

Try and take some deep breaths. The assessment will be okay. We've all got our fingers crossed that you'll get the support you need. 

Has your social worker been in touch about getting a support worker?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • meymay93
    Hi 
    No body whit me during assesment I was on my own bad I cant stop cry still I am crying 
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited September 2020
    @meymay93 we are here with you now.  Have you made yourself a sweet drink and had something to eat? 

Remember, the worst part is over and you have done amazingly well.  It's time to relax  :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - I am pleased to hear from you, as I have been having troubling getting on to Scope this afternoon.
    As Cher says, do try and relax now, as the assessment is over. You have got through it, so well done.
    Try not to think about it now, and distract yourself with some music or TV. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Hi @meymay93

I've sent you a little email to read  :)

• chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - I hope you are feeling a little better now, and have read Cher's email. I have been through a PIP assessment too, and it is not nice to realise the problems you have. But you have got through it, and the assessor will realise the problems you have, so do not worry. :)
  • meymay93
    Hi 
    This morning my care call gp you now I try to text shout but said wrong number I cant do it I am not sleep at I am I am tried 
  • Tori_Scope
    edited September 2020
    Have the care team said that the GP will get back to you at all @meymay93?

Hmm, what was the number you tried to text? The SHOUT number is 85258.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to sleep. Why do you think that might be? 

• meymay93
    Hi 
    Yea still wait gp to call me I text shout 85258 i have already sleeping problem but yesturday i have assestment and i was on my own bad feeling make upset 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm not sure why it didn't work then @meymay93 :( Maybe they were having some problems on their end. Do you have the Samaritans number if you need it? 

Hopefully your GP will call you soon! Please do keep us updated. Did the care team say how long that might take?

It's understandable that you were upset after the assessment, especially as you were on your own. Is your friend able to come and visit you today? That might make you feel a bit better. 

I hope that you get a better night's sleep tonight now that the assessment is over. 

• meymay93
    Hi 
    Yea my care came today support me some she put something to ate but I cant eat I am vomiting  badly I am bad bad ?????
  • Tori_Scope
    Have you been able to eat anything now @meymay93? I'd start with small amounts of easy-to-eat food that you usually really like. 

• meymay93
    Hi 
    Thank you so much all yesturday gp call me  because I was very bad morning I cant eat anything my stomach not good at all I cant eat anything just tea coffee if eat something filling sick 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm sorry to hear that. Did the GP give you any useful tips @meymay93

• chiarieds
    Hi @meymay93 - I am sorry you are still feeling sick. Could you try some soup? :)

Brightness