Hi, my name is Delanwy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Delanwy!

Delanwy
Delanwy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Still waiting on decision about backdate awarded from universal credit covering the carers element  what i am entitled to. Do they pay you on ur universal credit payment day when they've came up with a decision or do they pay you when they made decision

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

It can be very difficult to get the carers element of UC backdated and they don't always do this. If you reported being a carer at the time you want it backdated to then you have more chance. To answer your question, it will most likely be paid on a different day to your usual monthly money.

3 months is a long time to wait, i'd leave a message on your journal to ask what's happening about the carers element.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi @Delanwy

Just for your information, it looks like you made the same post twice so I have deleted the other and left this one for people to spot.

I see @poppy123456 has helpfully responded to your question but please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Have a great Tuesday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Delanwy

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

It’s great to see that you have already meet a number of our senior members.

Please do let me know if you need any further help.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Delanwy - I just wanted to add my welcome to the community. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Delanwy! How are you getting on? :)
    Scope

Brightness