Assesment by telephone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesment by telephone

Options
meymay93
meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
Hi 
I just done my assestment on telephone but very stress  I was cry I want stop cry but I cant I am very worrying because I cray if effected I hope he understand me 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @meymay93 Dont worry at getting upset most people do, it is hard to hold the emotion when having to explain to someone how you are affected and why

I cried most of the way through my first f2f as it seems you are confirming your disability to them and yourself and admitting to yourself what you can no longer do

The assessors are used to claimants getting upset and are used to taking this into consideration
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @meymay93

I'm sending you a big virtual hug for getting through the assessment, well done you.  I know it isn't easy.  

Please try not to worry about crying.  You did your best and that's what is important.  

Did you have somebody with you for support?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • meymay93
    Options
    Hi  
    I done all by my self but I am panic cry upset I am badly stress no one whit me I am on my own ????
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @meymay93, it sounds like it's been a really stressful day for you! I know the assessments can be really overwhelming, is there anything you could do this evening to relax and take your mind off it?

You have done amazing to get through it, we've all got our fingers crossed for you.
    Scope

• ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    Options
    keep your chin up meymay93 and hopefully you,ve done the worst bit now. ive got the same to go through 8am wednesday morning. i know my mental issues might get the better of me and hope my temper dosnt . have a nice evening and relax.
  • meymay93
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi 
    Telepfone assestment is not good at all because they not see you if they see us better [removed by moderator] I hope all goes well to you I pray for you
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @meymay93 it's lovely to see you on the community today.  

Do you have anything nice planned?  Is it sunny where you are too? 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • meymay93
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi 
    I don't like sun at all my weather is cold and dark sun not make me happy my friend whit me watch tv all day <moderator removed - personal content>
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @meymay93 Ah that's fair enough.  Sun isn't for everyone!  I'm glad your friend has kept you company.  

Make sure to take care of yourself  :)

• meymay93
    Options
    Hi 
    Thank you so much  she gone stay this evening whit me she call my dougther she thing I am.not well  she found flim on tv she said clear on mine just concentrate flim 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @meymay93 - I am pleased your friend is staying with you. I hope you both enjoy the film as it will distract you. :)
  • meymay93
    Options
    Hi 
    She found comedy flim which is I don't like at all all my life I am never like but she tried to make me happy 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @meymay93 - your friend is kind in hoping to make you happy. Just sharing time watching something together is good, and she is giving her time to help you. I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight and feel a little more relaxed now anyway. :)
  • meymay93
    Options
    Hi 
    Thank  you so much flim just finish she make me hot chocolate  she very good friend chatting past now she told me till you get better I am stay whit you  she make me comfortable at all time
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @meymay93 :) I'm really glad she's there for you
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.