my telephone assessment today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my telephone assessment today

ernie2009
ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
well folks my assessment was due at 8am but call arrived 8 minutes past and a very apolagetic gentleman on end of phone. was only on phone just under an hour so dont know it thats good or bad but said he had all he needed. dont know if a trick question but asked me how long it would take me to walk 10 metres and i said about 10 minutes with support to which he replied so you would be on your legs for 10 minutes. did feel a bit badgered on that question as i kept repeating to him i dont know how long it would take me as i rarely do it. he seemed to be understanding and said he thinks they have all they need so just a waiting game now. just glad today is over (hopefully)

Comments

• Comicmadtitan
    Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Fingers crossed for you ernie! You can request the assessors report when DWP receive and it can give you an indication of what they're going to score you as the decision maker largely goes with the assessor. It's hard to say with the assessment, but I wish you every luck Ernie, keep us updated!
  • ernie2009
    Fingers crossed for you ernie! You can request the assessors report when DWP receive and it can give you an indication of what they're going to score you as the decision maker largely goes with the assessor. It's hard to say with the assessment, but I wish you every luck Ernie, keep us updated!
    hi comicmadtitan, it all seemed to go well ntill i got badgered for an answer to how long it took me to walk 10 metres but maybe im reading to much into this. was my own fault for send in change of circumstance but lesson learnt.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Don't beat yourself up ernie2009, i'm sure its fine and they will understand that it is a difficult situation explaining it to them especially over the phone. I wouldn't worry or overthink it (easier said than done I know). 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The time the assessment lasted doesn't really mean anything at all, other than they had all they needed. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for a decision but there's no timescales. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    HI,

The time the assessment lasted doesn't really mean anything at all, other than they had all they needed. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for a decision but there's no timescales. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    hi poppy, the guy said about 6 wks but to be honest just glad today is over. as soon as hear anything ill update and let you all know. thanks very much for your message.
  • poppy123456
    Yes, they tell everyone 6-8 weeks lol.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad it went okay today, and that you can finally put it out of your mind for a bit @ernie2009. Are you up to anything nice for the rest of the day?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Mine was between 1 and half weeks and 2 but it can depend area to area I think. 
  • ernie2009
    I'm glad it went okay today, and that you can finally put it out of your mind for a bit @ernie2009. Are you up to anything nice for the rest of the day?
    hi tori, i cant believe one day can create so many problems for people and not many that it dosnt get to. now im sat in garden in the sun and hopefully wont rain but other than that im not going anywhere but many thanks for asking plus your nice message.
  • ernie2009
    Mine was between 1 and half weeks and 2 but it can depend area to area I think. 
    wow that was quick. to be honest im not bothered now ive got today out of the way. whatever happens now cant be as bad as today but only got myself to blame on this ocasion.
  • poppy123456
    The quickest decision i've ever had with PIP was 4 days after the assessment. The longest i've waited is just over 6 weeks. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you've managed to get out of the house and sit in the sun @ernie2009- that sounds lovely! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ernie2009
    The quickest decision i've ever had with PIP was 4 days after the assessment. The longest i've waited is just over 6 weeks. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    4 days ? wow that was very very quick but as you said backlogs and fools like me sending in change of circumstance dont help . hopefully the last time ill be doing that.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad the assessment is over and you are feeling more relaxed now, fingera crossed for the result for yu.

Enjoy the sun and the rest of your day
  • ernie2009
    janer1967 said:
    Glad the assessment is over and you are feeling more relaxed now, fingera crossed for the result for yu.

Enjoy the sun and the rest of your day
    many thanks janer1967, im really overwhelmed by the support ive had and nice messages since coming on scope. no matter which way the result pans out im staying on here and hopefully in the future might be able to help some-one else.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I am sure you will be able to help others, we all just draw on our experiences to be able to help others
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear it went okay @ernie2009! Fingers crossed for you. :)
    Scope

• ernie2009
    Glad to hear it went okay @ernie2009! Fingers crossed for you. :)
    thank-you so much chloe
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ernie2009

How are you doing? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • ernie2009
    Hi @ernie2009

Hi @ernie2009

hi ross, a lot better now wed is out of the way. had a long chat with julie and a massive thanks to you for that. hopefully thing may get a little better soon. hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.