Help needed for new pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed for new pip claim

Andy1234
Andy1234 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
My girlfriend's PIP claim is ending in 8 weeks and we have to start a new claim. The current claim was awarded in a court of appeal with 25 points for 3 years. However it took 16 months to get to that, after getting 0 points at the face to face assessment. I'm worried that when we reapply she will be back to square one, as we haven't got much in the way of medical evidence since the appeal in December 18. My girlfriend suffers with serious mental health issues and finds it really difficult to do anything on her own. Do you think the dwp will see that a judge awarded 25 points and just carry them over

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Medical evidence is not needed to claim PIP because most medical evidence doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you, it will mostly only state the basics, like diagnosis, what appointments you've had and medication.

When she's filling out the forms she should put as much relevant evidence about how her conditions affect her as possible. The add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her, stating where she was, who was with her and what exactly happened. Anecdotal evidence is the best she can send and the only person to give that is herself because she's the only one that knows exactly how her conditions affect her.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Andy1234 Welcome to the community

Unfortunately no they wont just carry over the points from her tribunal, it will be a new claim

Most people have a review or like your girlfriend a new claim as it was a tribunal win.

Unfortunately the process will start again eg forms, then assessment then a decision but that doesnt mean she wont be awarded with no issues 

The application form is the basis for the process so it is important that this is completed with as much information as possible

Good luck and keep us updated
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Andy1234 Good luck to you and your girlfriend.  Please make sure to ask any other questions you might have.  We have our fingers crossed for you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.