APPLYING FOR A RECONSIDERATION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

APPLYING FOR A RECONSIDERATION

childofmine2014
childofmine2014 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
  1. My son was granted Higher level care and lower level mobility for ADHD and ODD. Just claimed for PIP also using evidence for his DLA Claim and added further information.  Had the interview over the telephone and this was me carrying it out on my son's behalf. He has been turned down. How can bthis be so when I feel his needs are far more as he's supposed to be more independent and yet struggles 
  2. The outtcpome was lies, I had not said what they stated and appears theyve interpreted it to give him a zero score!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, sorry about your sons situation, but first of all DLA and PIP are different and just because somebody got DLA doesnt meant they will get PIP

The next stage is putting in for a MR you have 1 month to do this. You should do it inwriting looking at each descriptor you think should have scored more points and give reason why. Give real examples of what happens when he tries to do the task, any support or aids needed, if he cant di it why cant he, can he do it safely and repeatedly

There is lots of posts about this in our PIP section which may help you

Good luck and keep us updated
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm assuming he was transferring from DLA to PIP? If so then please be aware that they are totally different benefit with different criteria. PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect his ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

As Janer has advised, you should give a couple recent real world examples of what happened the last time he attempted that acitivity for each descriptor that applies and include where he was, who was with him and what exactly happened.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @childofmine2014 and I'm glad you found us.

I'm sorry you have experienced this, it can be very frustrating.  Lots of luck going ahead with the MR and if you have any more questions please do ask  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @childofmine2014

How are you today? Have you had a chance to think about possibly going for a Mandatory Reconsideration? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the link @Username_removed
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Some interesting figures and facts there Mike, I wonder given the current increase or "spike" in CV19 cases and local partial "lockdowns" if we will see a continuing halt to "face to face" assessments?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.