Finally got my renewal assessment... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finally got my renewal assessment...

2»

Comments

• jimdave19832
    jimdave19832 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    So just after 2 days, had a text to say DWP have got my written report. Half tempted to request it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If you live in the UK they will send it before a decision's been made. Mostly they go with the report, it's rare to go against it, although it can happen. Of course you'll still need to wait for the decision to be made but at least you'll have some idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Did you decide whether you'll request a copy @jimdave19832? I know some people choose not to and others prefer having it as soon as possible. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jimdave19832
    Did you decide whether you'll request a copy @jimdave19832? I know some people choose not to and others prefer having it as soon as possible. 
    HI Adrian,

Decided I'm just going to wait it out as no doubt my anxiety will go through the roof waiting for the report. IF my renewal claim gets awarded I'll request purely out of curiosity
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's understandable @jimdave19832. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that you receive a decision quickly. Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jimdave19832
    So I was curious so got a copy of my report that arrived today.

Going from it, I scored 8 points and then 10. Assuming DWP go with report, my claim stays the same.

But, a few things in there have annoyed me. I have a medicine sorting box to store and manage my meds and I also have someone come over twice a day to ensure I take them as with my mental health issues I wouldn't bother to take them and in the past I have overdosed. Scored 0 points - stated no indication from current meds that would effect my mental health and I'm capable to take unaided with no previous history of OD'ing.

But on another page it states claimant has overdosed in the past. So what is it?!

But in the grand scheme of things I'm unsure to challenge it as happy and the extra 2 points wouldn't actually get me anywhere. Guess it's just the principal 
  • poppy123456
    Usually they do go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it but this is rare.

You're right about the extra points for that activity, it wouldn't score you enough for Enhanced daily living. Requesting the MR then Tribunal for those extra points when you wouldn't score enough for a higher award is completely pointless, even out of prinicipal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jimdave19832
    Usually they do go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it but this is rare.

You're right about the extra points for that activity, it wouldn't score you enough for Enhanced daily living. Requesting the MR then Tribunal for those extra points when you wouldn't score enough for a higher award is completely pointless, even out of prinicipal.
    I've also and despite advising my mother has control over my finances as due to my mental health issues and levels of debt rising, I have no ability to control myself and she pays bills etc.

Awarded 0 points with same reason as above - stated no indication from current meds that would effect my mental health and I'm capable of making budgeting decisions. 

4 points missed out on when should have been awarded 4 and that would take me up to higher rate
  • poppy123456
    It's entirely your decision whether you request the MR but before doing this i'd advise you to get some expert advice. For this, start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• lisab12
    lisab12 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Eny one help me please  my pip is ends  in dec 2020 what do I need to do I so worried  and making me I'll eny one no please 
  • poppy123456
    lisab12 said:
    Eny one help me please  my pip is ends  in dec 2020 what do I need to do I so worried  and making me I'll eny one no please 

HI,

Were you awarded by DWP or a Tribunal? If you were awarded by DWP then your award should have been extended for 6 months because of Covid19. I would advise you to ring DWP tomorrow and ask them if your award has been extended and they will tell you. They extended mine until April 2021 from October 2020 but they didn't write and tell me this, i had to ring them a couple of weeks ago.

The number to ring is 0800 121 4433 this is PIP, part of DWP. Hope this helps.

• Beanie71
    Beanie71 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Hi All 
    I have a telephone meeting with the DWP tomorrow i presume regarding Universal Credit would this be used for my PIP application too does anyone know?  
    Thank you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Beanie71 - as they are two separate benefits, a claim to one doesn't affect the other.
  • cat2320
    cat2320 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I'm new to this site I have just received my pip from and I have never managed to fill the out in the past as its so overwhelming. I really want to apply for pip but I'm not sure if I'd get it i have mental health issues and severe anxiety also im in constant pain as i have sevre osteoarthritis already had 2 ops told need new knee my right knee has been baring the weight and is now showing signs off wear along with my hip. I also got addicted to opiates and alcohol to self medicate. I'm on a lot of meds that make me drowsy. I don't have a cpn just my gp but I'm not sure if that's enough to get pip also can I get help to fill it out I'm not sure who to ask '? Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    Beanie71 said:
    Hi All 
    I have a telephone meeting with the DWP tomorrow i presume regarding Universal Credit would this be used for my PIP application too does anyone know?  
    Thank you

If it's with DWP then it's not a work capability assessment, it will be a work focused interview. If it's a work capability assessment then it will be with the health assessmenr advisory service.
  • Beanie71
    Beanie71 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Thank you for your messages xx

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi @cat2320 - & welcome to the community. The PIP claim form can appear a bit overwhelming. It doesn't matter what your diagnoses are, but rather how these may impact on your daily living activities &/mobility. Any info from your GP, or any other Dr., is not as important as your own individual input, as Drs would rarely know the difficulties you might face dressing, bathing, eating, etc.
    Please have a look at this list of descriptors/activities & read the notes at the end too: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    For any descriptor that you feel may apply to yourself then give a couple of detailed examples you faced when you recently attempted the activity. What happened, what difficulties did you face, why, what happened afterwards, for example. Also say if you could not attempt the activity reliably, i.e. could you do it safely, could you repeat it again as often as you'd like, did it take you longer than someone without your disability, & could you do it to an acceptable standard.
    So, take your time, & look at both links, which will hopefully help you in completing your PIP claim form. Just do a bit each day, & if you need more time ring the DWP to ask for this. They will usually say you can have another couple of weeks. Hope this helps, but do ask if you have any further questions.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.