Join my "virtual fancy dress party" — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Join my "virtual fancy dress party"

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Hi welcome to my virtual fancy dress party! ??What theme would you like? put ideas below ?
What would you dress up as and why?
Have you been to a fancy dress party before?
Is there a buffet?
What party food do you love? 
Is your fancy dress costume scary? 
Are there any party games going on? 
Are you life and soul of the party or the shy type? 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tammyjane33 Hi!! It's great to meet you.  What a fab idea, here are my answers:

What would you dress up as and why? A green crayola crayon.  I just think they look cute!

Have you been to a fancy dress party before? Yes a halloween one where I was a witch and for a hen party I dressed as a baby chick.  The things you do.

Is there a buffet? Yes with lots of pastry, hummus, dips and home-made chips.

What party food do you love? Cake, most types, but we need cake.

Is your fancy dress costume scary? To people who are scared of crayons yes  :D

Are there any party games going on? Pass the parcel with bars of chocolate as presents.

Are you life and soul of the party or the shy type? I start off shy but usually become louder as the night progresses!

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    What would you dress up as and why? Hmm. I think my best fancy dress is probably either my Napoleon Dynamite costume, or a PowerPoint t-shirt my friend made. They both got positive reviews!

Have you been to a fancy dress party before? I have, quite a few times! I think they're good fun. 

Is there a buffet? Of course there is. Every good party must have a buffet of some sort.

What party food do you love? Crisps, or any other savoury snack.

Is your fancy dress costume scary? No, I prefer a funny one. I dressed up as a zombie for Halloween once, which involved putting on lots of fake blood that took ages to wash off! Never again.

Are there any party games going on? Fun (or maybe not so fun) fact about me: I actually hate most forms of organised fun, including games. I don't mind a bit of pass the parcel or stick the tail on the donkey though.

Are you life and soul of the party or the shy type? I'm the same as Cher mostly. It does depend on who else is there though. 

What about you @Tammyjane33

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    A great thread @Tammyjane33 but where are your answers

What theme would you like?  Disney
    What would you dress up as and why? A disney princess maybe Snow White so I could have the dwarfs there too
    Have you been to a fancy dress party before? Yes lots but a long time ago
    Is there a buffet? There has to be
    What party food do you love? Jelly and Ice cream, potted meat and also egg sandwiches 
    Is your fancy dress costume scary? I hope not
    Are there any party games going on? Just a few maybe twister if I could play it
    Are you life and soul of the party or the shy type? Shy at first 

My funny experience of fancy dress, I went to an Abba  tribute show and  got a full abba jumpsuit and wig along with the 2 people I was going with we looked fab.

Got to the show and made a late entrance to find out of a room full of 200 plus people we were the only ones dressed up I wanted the ground to swallow me up. But justy got drunk and had a ball

• Tammyjane33
    @Cher_Scope, nice to meet you, and thank you. I saw the idea on another thread and went from there.
    Dressing up as a crayon is different, I've never come across anyone in that costume before, and it sounds like so much fun!
    I've been to a fancy dress before and I dressed up as a school girl zombie and an Amy winehouse costume because people say I resemble her. 
    I'm usually chatty and can talk for England when nervous ?. 
  • Tammyjane33
    Hi @Tori_Scope nice to meet you.
    The costumes sound great.
    I've been to a Halloween party and I dressed up as a zombie school girl and another part where I dressed up as Amy winehouse which was fun. 
    Yes the fake blood was a pain to get off my face and it does stain alot so it was annoying.
    I'm chatty especially when nervous but if I'm with people I know well I'm not as shy.

• Tammyjane33
    Hi @janer1967 hope you are safe and well.
    Your answer to the theme was great, I'd love a Disney fancy dress party. I'd love to dress as a princess just for a night ?
    When it comes to food there definitely has to be a buffet with sausage /cheese rolls :) oh my goodness, you must have been embarrassed but at least you was a good sport and the people you were with were dressed up too. ?
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    What a great thread
    I've been to a few fancy dress shows before, heres a costume i made, i made the head and hands and bought the rest

My wife went as fiona and i made her green with facepaint, it was a good night, as for buffett, typical finger food, various sliced meats that sort of thing
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What would you dress up as and why?
    • Probably the mad hatter! I've seen the cutest costume which is a big 1950's hat with waist coat and a big hat!
    Have you been to a fancy dress party before?
    • I have. My mum has a fancy dress birthday party every year. Each year it is a different theme. 
    Is there a buffet?
    • Of course!
    What party food do you love? 
    • Ooo can't beat some Indian inspired nibbles or homemade pizza.
    Is your fancy dress costume scary? 
    • Nooo! Not a fan of anything like that.
    Are there any party games going on? 
    • Always good to have a photo booth set up that goes with the theme. I'll be the photographer.  :D
    Are you life and soul of the party or the shy type? 
    • Shy around people I don't know.... then pretty loud when I do know people.  :D
    Scope

• Tori_Scope
    How did you make the head @Grinchy??? That's amazing!

• Grinchy
    thanks @Tori_Scope, i have a background in theatre props and film and tv special effects, i used to have my own business making stuff like this, now its just a hobby its so expensive to do, glad you like it

• Tori_Scope
    That's such a cool job @Grinchy! It really does look great. My attempt would probably end up being some papier mache monstrosity. 

• Grinchy
    thanks @Tori_Scope, i started out with paper mache as a kid, then moved onto rubber and foams its a fun way to create

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    What would you dress up as and why? I'd probably turn up as Batman, because I already have a Batman onesie, dressing gown and socks, so I'm all set. Plus somebody has got to make sure everything is in order :) 

Have you been to a fancy dress party before? I don't think I have! I'd love to though

Is there a buffet? Always, I love a buffet, mini sausage rolls, pork pies, crisps, tuna sandwiches, pizza, and everything else. I'm hungry now :D 

What party food do you love?  Oh, see the above :D All of it really!

Is your fancy dress costume scary? Nah, everyone loves Batman right?

Are there any party games going on? Yeah there's a fun game of musical chairs, and later we're going to do the conga and the cha cha 

Are you life and soul of the party or the shy type?  The shy type, expect me to sit in the corner drinking a coke and minding my own business.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @Tammyjane33 What a great idea. I’d probably be a witch with a regency style cloak.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope, you most certainly are prepared!!

Great idea @emmarenshaw! Would you have a broomstick?  :D  
    Scope

• Tammyjane33
    Grinchy said:
    What a great thread
    I've been to a few fancy dress shows before, heres a costume i made, i made the head and hands and bought the rest

My wife went as fiona and i made her green with facepaint, it was a good night, as for buffett, typical finger food, various sliced meats that sort of thing
    This is amazing, @gr@Grinchy thank you for your feedback, looks like your wife /you had a wonderful time. 
  • Grinchy
    yes we did thanks, glad you liked the costume
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    For me it would have to be a Halloween theme, with the music taken from episodes of Buffy...
    I would love to dress as a witch, no broom though, dont want to be roped into any chores lol
    Buffet food with lots of veggie options, chips and dips..BUT I would have my wand for anyone caught in the heinous act of double dipping..they would be turned into a toad straight away, no MR or right of appeal...
    I'm the shy, not wanting to stand out sort which explains why I have never been to a fancy dress and never would...which is a shame as they sound loads of fun, but my head would just tell me NO! Bad stuff will occur!
  • Tammyjane33
    @Cress love your answer! A witch with no broom lol. Chips are always a winner ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Yeah, agreed, can't go wrong with chips :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness