Blue Badge renew — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge renew

Denise11
Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
edited September 2020 in Transport and travel
Hi

Please can anybody help?  My Blue Badge is up for renewal but I have lost the letter and forms from the DWP which are needed to be sent for it to be renew.  Does anyone know I can get copies and if so, where?

Thanks - Denise11 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You will need to ring DWP to ask them to send you a copy of your PIP award letter. Number is 0800 121 4433

To automatically qualify for a blue badge you need to score at least 8 points in the "moving around" part of PIP or 10 points for descriptors E in following and planning a journey.

The quickest way to apply is online. https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

I very recently renewed my BB and for my local council i needed to have at least 6 months remaining on my PIP award to automatically qualify.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Denise11 I hope you manage to get a copy of your letter I have just renewed my badge

Ir does surprise me that they are only valid for a 4 year period and not the length of your PIP award. Suppose it may be down to the cost element as you have to pay for new renewal
  • Denise11
    Hi  

Thank you poppy123456 and janer1967.  I will 'phone that number tomorrow.  No, I don't understand why you can't get a blue badge for life even if they charge £10 pa.  Thanks again

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Denise11, were you able to get in touch with them? :)
    Scope

• Denise11
    Yes, thanks Chloe! It's all done and dusted.  Thanks again!  Denise
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yayy @Denise11! Hope they are able to sort it quickly. :)
    Scope

Brightness