ESA help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA help please

pinkrose
pinkrose Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hi everyone , I have been in the ESA support group for a few years. I have just been granted pip enhanced for both components.  I received a letter this morning from ESA saying they looked at my claim again due to my recent change ( pip). It states from 30 June 2020 my esa will be 130.65 a week  because of a change in money coming in and my circumstances mean I will be entitled to the 10 pounds Christmas bonus.

On the last page where it breaks down  my income from esa and pip it states  my income will be 130.65 esa and the amounts on the page  apply from 30th June to 30th November 2020 . 
Please can someone explain why it applies until 30th November? Does this indicate  they will assess me for esa again or stop it in November,  or is it something to do with the Christmas bonus ?
Sorry for the long winded post,  any help will be very much appreciated.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Yes, this is a standard letter they send to everyone about this time of year because of the £10 Xmas bonus and confuses everyone. Your ESA doesn't just stop at the end of November because Support Group is always an ongoing award and will always until unless of course you're either found fit for work or placed into the WRAG.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pinkrose
    Thanks poppy,  I really appreciate it !  It was the 30th June to 30th November that completely threw me , lol. 
  • pinkrose
    Should I expect an esa50 in the post because of the 30th November thing on this letter  ? 
  • poppy123456
    pinkrose said:
    Should I expect an esa50 in the post because of the 30th November thing on this letter  ? 

Nope, although you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months but it doesn't mean you'll be sent more forms on that date. DWP and ESA have a habbit of sending strangely worded letters. Ignore the 30th November date it's purely because the £10 bonus.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pinkrose
    Thanks poppy , it's so kind of you to take the time to answer and is very much appreciated.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend . 
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome. Thank you, i will and you too :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.