Shelding — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shelding

MarkIngleton
MarkIngleton Community member Posts: 33 Connected
I am on a c pat machine i was told i would not have shield  if you have coved they ventilate you so whats the difference  I know ventilatering is more invasive but air is still pumped in  
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MarkIngleton - & welcome to the community. A CPAP machine often helps people that have a certain type of sleep apnoea, & is used during the night, whereas a ventilator is more commonly used for people who are unable to breathe on their own.
    I hope that helps answer your query, but if not, please say. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MarkIngleton

Did this clear up your question?  Let us know if we can help in any other way.  

I've deleted your other post as I think it accidentally posted twice, and have moved this to our disabled people discussion board so others can spot it.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again hope your question has been answered 

I think the new measures said that peo0ple would not have to shield at present and I am sure if you were required to shield you would be contacted 

Brightness