Is it true about PIP LAW CAHANGES? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it true about PIP LAW CAHANGES?

Toffee
Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
Is it true the points system  as changed on pip? and any points scored  on prompt you should  of been scored supervision = 4 points?
And there going to reveiw claims back to 2016?
As I read this on Google news today  and it said mind was backing this 

Comments

• Hayd1994
    Hayd1994 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I saw the same article Toffee. Looks to be legitimate, however with the DWP you never know. They'll find some way of getting out paying people if they can. 
  • Toffee
    It's about time to and yes I agree they will thank you for your reply 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    This only affects some people awarded between 6th April 2016 & 17th September 2020. Only those where if the points would mean an award would be given, or if it would change an award from the standard, to the enhanced rate, will be contacted. When the DWP will look into this I don't know. Here's a link which summarises this: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/images/image/samples/PIP_engage_changes.pdf

• Toffee
    Thank you is it just one they change to engage with anorher person? As looking back on my old reports. Prompting used on nearly every points I scored? 
  • chiarieds
    It's just about the 'Engaging with other people face to face' descriptor/activity, & only where, if a change was made, this would result in an award, or an increase in an existing award of the daily living component.
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Hi all Hope your well 
    Does anyone know if  DWP are renewing  ESA 

• Toffee
    I scored 10 points daily living 2 of that was was engageing with other ppl. Mixing with ppl Yr 2018 /2020 so dose it effect me? 
  • Toffee
    Sorry has I don't know some one will answer your question there good on here
  • chiarieds
    @Toffee - then it sounds like your claim would be looked at again, as an additional 2 points would potentially change this from the standard to enhanced rate. It will all depend on their viewpoint when it's looked at, so it's going to vary from person to person.
  • Toffee
    Thank you so much for all your help on this matter stay safe 
  • chiarieds
    You're most welcome. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    hass said:
    Hi all Hope your well 
    Does anyone know if  DWP are renewing  ESA 

Hi,

Reviews for the work capability assessment can take place anytime from 3 months. When your review is due they will send you the ESA50 form. Reviews for both PIP and ESA are back up and running again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I’m worried do I need to worry my review isn’t till 2022 just confused by this post x 
  • cupcake88
    Oh is for people who should of scored more for that question ?
  • poppy123456
    cupcake88 said:
    I’m worried do I need to worry my review isn’t till 2022 just confused by this post x 

You have nothing to worry about. Your review isn't until 6 months before your award is due to end and then you'll be sent the review forms automatically.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    I was going to ask you poppy said if they decide in the review that your pip should go up or down will
    you still get your original payment till the end date ? Then your claim starts again or does it start from when they make there decision from the review 
  • poppy123456
    cupcake88 said:
    I was going to ask you poppy said if they decide in the review that your pip should go up or down will
    you still get your original payment till the end date ? Then your claim starts again or does it start from when they make there decision from the review 

At review, once the decision is made if your award is increased or lowered you'll receive the new payments from the date the decision was made. You will also received a new award date/length of time.

If you're refused then payments stop from the date of the decision regardless of the date of your award because the new decision overules the previous decision.

Please try to relax, your award is until 2022, so you have quite a while until your review is due.

• Toffee
    Gm all I wrote a letter asking for all old reports backdating to 2016  I also sent two letters from my therapist which was sent to my doctor. I just hope my anxiety stays down.. Dealing with pip cause so much stress.. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't write lies about you. I was going to do it before this but my anxiety got the better of me.. Some how it always wins 
  • poppy123456
    Yoiu don't need to write any letters to them to request something. You can do it all online and request a right of access. See links. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-personal-information-from-the-department-for-work-and-pensions

• Toffee
    Gm poppy 
    Thank you so much I've just done it on line 

Brightness