Hi, my name is linnie2016! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is linnie2016!

linnie2016
linnie2016 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I need a little support and reassurance 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @linnie2016 and welcome to our community.

You have come to the right place for some support and reassurance, we are here to help you.  Is there anything in-particular you are struggling with at the minute? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • linnie2016
    Hi yes I'm struggling with my mental health. My sons behaviour and the fact that I feel compley usless
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome in board what do you want help with 

Just ask away 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Can you give us a little more information about what you'd like support and reassurance with? I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @linnie2016 Ah lovely, I am sure you are anything but completely useless.  I'm sorry you feel that way  :(

Are you getting support with your mental health from a GP or local mental health team?  How has your son been behaving?

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • linnie2016
    Yeah my docs help me and I am waiting for coinciding. My son is 2, he is currently been accessed for autism but that's not the issue, he wont stop hitting and attacking his sister and step brothe . He hits at school and he does not seem to understand no, it does not register to him that he is hurting others and that it is wrong, I do not know hoe to get him to stop, I tell him no and that it's bad but he will straight away do it again
  • linnie2016
    This has been happening for 7 months now and I cant seem to deal with it any more
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linnie2016

Good Evening it's great to meet you today ? 

I am one of the Community Champions here at Scope. 

Please please let me know if there is anything that I can help /support you with???

@steve51
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited October 2020
    @linnie2016 I bet you are worn out, that sounds exhausting.  

We have more parents of children who have ASD or suspected ASD that post on our Autism and Aspergers discussion board if you want to look there at what others have shared.

Also, have you heard of Scope's Navigate service?  It's a free service that provides emotional support and advice to parents of disabled children.  As part of the support you can get help with:
    • organising your thoughts and feelings
    • practical advice and suggestions
    • coping strategies and insights
    • taking positive actions and helping you with emotional wellbeing
    Visit the Navigate webpage for more information on how to contact the friendly team.

Finally, a big squeeze to you.  This must feel so challenging and just know it won't last forever and will get better.  Our members are here whenever you need a vent.

• linnie2016
    Thank you all guys I really appreciate it 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linnie2016 - I'm so sorry to read about what you're going through. I can only endorse what Cher has said, as we have had several parents saying how good Scope's Navigate team are. They are there to support you, & help your family, so I hope you contact them.
    Meanwhile, this is also a very helpful & supportive community, so please continue to talk here any time, & let us know how you're getting on. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @linnie2016 :) It certainly sounds like you've been having a tough time. How have you been getting on today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • linnie2016
    Hi thank you for your replies, I had a call from a lovely lady from scope this morning and I am on the waiting list to have a call for the support me and my son need, I am feeling ok today thank you, my son is at nursery so it gives me a few hours to wind down, how is everyone else today x
  • Tori_Scope
    That's great news @linnie2016, I'm so pleased! 

Enjoy your relax time. Are you doing anything nice to look after yourself, or just chilling out? 

• linnie2016
    I am catching up on my soaps lol, and taking a very long shower ? x
  • Tori_Scope
    That sounds like a great Friday to me! I LOVE a long hot shower. Enjoy @linnie2016 :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @linnie2016, how are you? :)
    Scope

• linnie2016
    Hi I am ok thankyou, i had a bad weekend and wanted to live in my bedroom but I felt ok today. Shay is not at nursery as he did not sleep at all through the night and is wide awake now lol so we are going to try a trampoline park for mothers and toddlers for the first time and hopefully all goes well, how are you x
  • Tori_Scope
    Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend @linnie2016. Is he back at nursery today? 

Was the trampoline park good? I went to a trampoline park (as an adult) a couple of years ago and loved it!

• linnie2016
    Hi tori yeah it was fantastic thanks, I am really worried, my stepson has been tested for covid and it came back positive, I last saw him 10 days ago, will I need to get me and the kids tested??

Brightness