Hi, my name is captainrick! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is captainrick!

captainrick
captainrick Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I’m Richard, I suffer with primary and secondary Addison’s disease, been declared dead 3 times because of it. But still work full time and work for the NHS. Being disabled in the workplace for me I have been very very lucky and have had all kinds of adjustments made to assist me.  At the moment I have been working from home since March, and I am having an office set up in my front room so I can continue to do my job and support the NHS in these very concerning times

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @captainrick - & welcome to the community, Richard. It's great to read you work for the NHS, & I know we all here are grateful for the work those in the NHS do. I had a friend who had Addison's, & from what you say you must have had severe adrenal crises. I'm pleased you are now (hopefully) managing well, & still able to work for the NHS. Thank you for sharing about yourself, & I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly community. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @captainrick welcome in board 

Feel free to join in and have a look around and ask any questions 

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Afternoon @captainrick and welcome to our online community.

How are you today?  Have you done anything nice this weekend?

I'm glad the NHS is supporting you with home-working arrangements.  I think it will be the way forward for many of us during and after covid-19.  Have you found it an easy process to organise?

Some of our other members have Addisons Disease too and have posted their story on our undiagnosed and rare conditions discussion group if you'd like to take a read.  

If you come into any difficulties navigating the board please give me a shout!  Take care  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @captainrick :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness