A little about me and what I do ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A little about me and what I do ?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Hello I'm Tammy, welcome to all of our new members, and ?to all my fellow community champions and members that make the online scope community a friendly, supportive place to come to, where people can make friends, express how they feel and a place to feel safe, appreciated and valued.
? Scope's online community is for anyone with an interest in disability. We hope it will be a useful place to share information and ideas.
?We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them.
Please show others respect and treat them how you would like to be treated. We are all individuals and we all have different views /opinions and outlooks on life and other topics that we may discuss.
AND FINALLY, HAVE FUN?, take part in discussions, share ideas, make friends, learn new things, and enjoy scopes online community. 
I'm here to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge and ability, if I am unable to do so, I will try my best to point you in the right direction, and find the appropriate person to help you.
Tammy

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @Tammyjane33 It's great to have you here and we appreciate all you do  <3   
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    I agree with what you say.

Mostly this forum is very supportive and friendly and I appreciate that as many forums are not like this one at all.

One thing I have noticed is that there are people who make posts on here that they have been denied benefits they feel they deserve and are understandably upset. Often they get “told off” for being angry, usually by people who are lucky enough to be getting the benefits they do deserve so possibly do not fully understand the other person’s feelings.

It is important that we understand that if someone has been denied the benefits they feel they deserve, they are going to be upset. We need to support them, not antagonise them further. Also, those of us who are lucky to be getting the benefits we feel we deserve (like me), should be appreciative and not smug about it.

With that said I am not condoning being aggressive because you have been denied benefits, just asking people on both sides to understand each other.

Basically what I am trying to say is everyone is equal and there should be no “them and us” with regards to those of us who are getting the help we need and those who aren’t. 
  • Tammyjane33
    66Mustang said:
    I agree with what you say.

Mostly this forum is very supportive and friendly and I appreciate that as many forums are not like this one at all.

One thing I have noticed is that there are people who make posts on here that they have been denied benefits they feel they deserve and are understandably upset. Often they get “told off” for being angry, usually by people who are lucky enough to be getting the benefits they do deserve so possibly do not fully understand the other person’s feelings.

It is important that we understand that if someone has been denied the benefits they feel they deserve, they are going to be upset. We need to support them, not antagonise them further. Also, those of us who are lucky to be getting the benefits we feel we deserve (like me), should be appreciative and not smug about it.

With that said I am not condoning being aggressive because you have been denied benefits, just asking people on both sides to understand each other.

Basically what I am trying to say is everyone is equal and there should be no “them and us” with regards to those of us who are getting the help we need and those who aren’t. 
    Yes I agree, thank you for your input ?
  • Tammyjane33
    Thank you @Tammyjane33 It's great to have you here and we appreciate all you do  <3   
    @Cher_Scope thankyou, you do an amazing job too. 

Brightness