Confusion about P.I.P letter. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confusion about P.I.P letter.

13»

Comments

• Dazl58
    Dazl58 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi Samantha 21,I don't think you are trying to cause any arguments whatsoever.I think that we all have got off track with regards to this letter,probably due to lack of sleep,anxiety, stress  and time .With a clear and calm head we should be able to resolve this and I think Poppy 12345 is correct in saying that we are better speaking to them direct by telephone no matter how long it takes,I do not think I was cut off on purpose by PIP,it was just one of those things.
  • Dazl58
    Samanth21
    May I also say,a thought has crossed my mind that this is a poisoned chalice,if you phone and ask about the letter will they then decide to review you now and not in 2022 and if you don't phone the award will run out or come up for review then.Damned if you do,Damnedvif you don't.??
  • samantha21
    samantha21 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    'Dazl58  I agree that Poppy 123456 is correct  in saying in the first instance it is best to speak to D.W.P  direct by phone. In regard of the phones do you know if D.W.P. employees are working from their offices or working from home? that would be a start. With my phone call yesterday and waiting over one hour as soon as I was talking to someone I was abruptly cut off. I know my phone was not faulty.  It could be if the D.W.P agent was working from home perhaps a child of theirs accidently interrupted them so I was cut off.
     I do feel that whether they are working from home or in the office they still have a service to provide for which of course they are being paid.
     It  will sort itself out, at the moment I need to go out, if it is not any trouble please update us if you get through to them today. I shall be calling them again tomorrow.
  • Dazl58
    Samantha21
    I have no idea if the DWP/PIP staff are working from home or not,if they are why would they have a child present,surely a child would be at nursery or school,if the child is younger surely this person would not be taking calls about PIP.
    If they are working from home how do they access the computer and your data.
    More confusion.

• Dazl58
    I will not be able to phone them this morning as i have just had a call from my dentist asking me to attend to complete my emergency treatment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    The majority of the advisors are continuing to work from home and have done so since lockdown began.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samantha21
    Thank-you for your reply Poppy 123456 : perhaps that explains the long wait in trying to connect to someone, and just maybe the person I got yesterday had a fault their end on their phone.

Dazl58  I  suppose if the person is working from home then they are supplied with a laptop and company phone.
    I assume if it is a D.W.P  laptop then they will be able to pull up a claimants data.
     I have a daughter that works for mental health and addictions, some staff have returned to the office although not that many. My daughter continues to work from home and she has done so since lockdown began.
  • Dazl58
    I am not interested in what the Royal Mail do or don't do Has anyone actually made contact with DWP/PIP.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I haven’t @Dazl58 but I’m intrigued by the whole thing.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• samantha21
    @Dazl58

I had no time to try them today, tomorrow I shall make a further attempt on the phone. Have to keep trying I guess at some point  there may be success.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Dazl58 said:
    Has anyone actually made contact with DWP/PIP.
    A few weeks ago i did yes. I rang as soon as they opened and it took about 20 minutes before someone answered. Although my experience may not be the same as someone else's. You just have to keep on trying and they will eventually answer. As i already advised, try ringing as soon as they open, for me this is always the best time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    yes i was succesfull first time. i called as poppy did first thing in morning and got through after about 10 minutes to ask for a copy of my assessment report. no problems at all so guess i must of been very lucky reading through all the hastle some of you have had. 
  • samantha21
    Updating everyone about getting through on the phone to D.W.P. I  got through today after 50 minute wait and 
    was at least able to speak to someone today.
     In regard of my query about the dates and the award, I was firstly told "Oh yes you are going to the appeal but we gave you one year award instead. I confirmed my letter I had and the person said oh yes I can see that letter and it also says 2028. I was put through to appeals section, and the advisor there told me that he could see it said ongoing and also said about 2028 but then he knocked my socks off and said my award letter could have been a mistake and instead of saying on-going it should have had an end date. and he would look into it. I told him I wanted any decisions or anything that was going on to be sent to me in writing. I was told they would put anything in writing and let me know. I just do not know what is going on and as far as my condition goes there is no cure and it has got worse instead of better  it is a mystery to me what they could be talking about.
    Any suggestions anyone?
  • kezhendo73
    kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    Hi just wanted to ask if anyone can help me.
    At the moment I am doing my renewal for my pip enhanced/enhanced and I've been told over the light touch review I'm not quite sure if you have to ask for this or if it will be automatic so I'll tell you a little bit about myself I suffer with fibromyalgia DDD and I also have mental health problems I was told in 2018 that my pip was to stop it took me a whole 12 months until I had to go to tribunal which I did in August 2019 and the decision was made before I'd even open my mouth to speak they couldn't honestly believe that my case was up for renewal never mind being brought up in front of them.
    Fast forward until now I can't explain where me anxiety levels are at this moment in time.
    Luckily my daughter has completed my forms for me but I'm frightened to death they will power my money or even stop it.
    Which then brings me back to my question I'm just not sure if to put that on the form so any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated many thanks before hand ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi just wanted to ask if anyone can help me.
    At the moment I am doing my renewal for my pip enhanced/enhanced and I've been told over the light touch review I'm not quite sure if you have to ask for this or if it will be automatic so I'll tell you a little bit about myself I suffer with fibromyalgia DDD and I also have mental health problems I was told in 2018 that my pip was to stop it took me a whole 12 months until I had to go to tribunal which I did in August 2019 and the decision was made before I'd even open my mouth to speak they couldn't honestly believe that my case was up for renewal never mind being brought up in front of them.
    Fast forward until now I can't explain where me anxiety levels are at this moment in time.
    Luckily my daughter has completed my forms for me but I'm frightened to death they will power my money or even stop it.
    Which then brings me back to my question I'm just not sure if to put that on the form so any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated many thanks before hand ?
    I see you created your own discussion for this comment over here. I'm sorry you don't appear to have received a response. I have bumped the thread for you so hopefully your query will be answered there.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.