Hi, my name is garry12345! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is garry12345!

garry12345
garry12345 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my names garry I'm new to this diagnosed with rhumatiod arthritis osteoarthritis and had a small cancer in my nose between 2017 onwards life for me has taken a spiral downwards having to stop work and losing my dependency because of pain does anyone feel the same as me 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @garry12345 glad you have joined us there are lots in here who feel the same as you including myself 

Feel free to join in and you might want to look in our coffee lounge 

If you need any help just ask I look forward to seeing you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @garry12345 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining, Garry. Many of our members have felt like you, but this is perhaps the time to plan resuming a hobby or interest, or to take one up.....to see what you can do, rather than what you cannot.
    Do please visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where you will see various discussions of members' interests, & were we play word games for a little distraction. Hope to see you there. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @garry12345 and welcome to our community.  I'm glad you found us.

I'm sorry, it sounds like you have had a rough time of it over the last few years.  Some of our other members also have rheumatoid arthritis and talk about it in our invisible impairments discussion board if are interested in taking a look there.

Is your pain being well managed by your medical team?  

You aren't alone in feeling low about losing elements of your independence but we can support you in rebuilding your confidence.  Like @chiarieds said, are there any hobbies or interests you would like to start or pick back up?  Let us know and we'll have a think about ways to get you back involved with things you enjoy.  

I hope you have a good day and please give me a shout if you need any help getting round the community.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @garry12345 and welcome.

Sorry to hear about some of the things you've had to go through, sounds like it's been a difficult time. 

You've definitely come to the right place, this is a very supportive community.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I also wanted to welcome you to the community @garry12345, and reiterate that there are things you can do to regain control over your life and start enjoying things again :) We look forward to hearing from you.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @garry12345, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness