Let's make invisible illnesses Visible by spreading awareness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let's make invisible illnesses Visible by spreading awareness

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Hi everyone, you may or may not know I suffer with a rare disease that I class as an "invisible illness" because you can't always see what's going on inside and I've come across a few people lately who have passed judgement now I understand this is a tricky topic because they have a lack of understanding or knowledge and for these people I don't mind answering any questions but to the rude people that say things like "you look fine" youre not ill" I find this rude and ignorant. People with invisible illnesses that may be physical or mental struggle everyday in their own body or mind and comments from inappropriate comments from people do not help, they sometimes hurt! This is why I do what I do.. I raise awareness on my Instagram page and blog, I share peoples journeys and personal stories and offer support all for free. I give up my time out of my life to help others. If you would like to get involved please message below or if you have a illness that people can't always see let' me know and let's support one another. ❤️

Comments

Brightness