Hi, my name is Doug1960! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Doug1960!

Doug1960
Doug1960 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Thank you for letting me join  I have HSP and finding it hard as only got this condition at 42 and now 58 but have little support and have been forced to retire from my job 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Doug1960 and welcome to the community :) 

Sorry to hear about the struggles you've had with HSP, you have joined a very supportive and helpful community so I'm certain our members will offer their advice and support for you.

How are you managing after retiring from your job? Are you planning on looking for work?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you have had to retire due to your illness 

Have a look around and feel free to join in the discussions or ask any questions you have 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Doug1960 - welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Have you had any physio, which might be helpful? I don't know if you know, but there's also a support group which you might find useful. Please see: https://hspgroup.org/
    Have you taken up any hobbies or interests since you retired? If so, you might enjoy looking in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where we have some discussions about these, & all sorts of things not disability - orientated, & even some word games.
    If you have any enquiries about benefits, or any other questions, please say, as there's often members that can advise. Anyway, thank you for joining, & please do look around the forum & join in with the discussions. We have a section on 'Neurological conditions,' which may be of interest, where you will see we have other members with HSP, tho I don't know if they are active at the moment on the forum. Please see: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/neurological-conditions  :)

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @doug1960 and welcome to our online community.  it's great to have you here and I'm glad you found us :)

I hope the replies you have received so far have helped you.  How have you managed over lockdown?  Please let us know if there's anything you are struggling with.

Some of our other members also have HSP and you might find this 'Anyone with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia' thread interesting to read.

I hope you have had a lovely Monday!  Give me a shout if you need any help getting around the community.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Doug1960, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness