Sweet or savoury? And why? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sweet or savoury? And why?

Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
Inspired by a comment from @chiarieds in the Chocolate Week thread. It's simple, when it comes to food do you prefer sweet or savoury?
Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Sweet or savoury? And why? 7 votes

Sweet
28% 2 votes
Savoury
71% 5 votes

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Great thread :)

I prefer savoury to things like sweets and biscuits. Don’t get me wrong I like a snack but I usually go for the deli or the antipasti (olives, dried tomatoes, meats etc) in the supermarkets.

I also like pairing food with drink and often I find it easier to pair savoury foods  :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    As you might guess it was savoury <3 - I think it's just the way your tastebuds are. In my case I also wondered why I really liked salt. It was only about 18 years ago that I found out I had low blood pressure, which explained my 'dizzy as a coot' moments. I remember reading about postural hypotension, & a simple remedy is to use more salt & drink a little extra water. My son also has low b.p., perhaps why he also likes savoury food. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Savoury for me being diabetic sweet is only for a treat 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I like sweet stuff mostly, that’s why I’m so overweight. ☹️

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    I like sweet stuff mostly, that’s why I’m so overweight. ☹️
    Trust me you can get overweight by eating savoury stuff :D
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Sweet for me... chocolate, anything chocolate, cakes, muffins, cream cakes... did i mention chocolate... YUM!

Although i limit myself 6 days out of 7. I was once quite a large person up until a few years ago but now follow a healthy eating plan. I do still have treats but have to watch that weight.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sweet for me... chocolate, anything chocolate, cakes, muffins, cream cakes... did i mention chocolate... YUM!

Although i limit myself 6 days out of 7. I was once quite a large person up until a few years ago but now follow a healthy eating plan. I do still have treats but have to watch that weight.

Yeah but what about chocolate though? Oh wait :D Can't blame you there, it's so yummy, I'm learning a lot lately about how much people enjoy chocolate.

I'm on the side of those of you who have picked savoury, I much prefer it to sweet. Give me a pizza any day over a bag of sweets :) 

I do love sweet though, I just feel like there's more choice when it comes to savoury food.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness