Pip form received text message alert — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip form received text message alert

anxiousbird
anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
hi hi all 
so I posted my pip form on Thursday and I was just wondering whether I’ll get a text msg alert to say that it’s been received? (I have provided my mobile number and I did get a text msg when they sent out the form to me). 

I’m now worried because I didn’t send it recorded delivery and used the freedom pat envelope that came with the form ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

There is no need to send it recorded delivery at all 

You might get a text but not guaranteed also it does take a while before it is actually processed and scanned by DWP which is when it shows as received 

You can always ring and check when it gets near deadline and tell them when you sent it and they can extend the deadline if needed 

My last review took them 3 weeks before it was scanned onto the system 
  • anxiousbird
    Thanks @janer1967
    Oh do they scan the form and evidence? I thought they sent the original physical copies to the assessors. ?
  • anxiousbird
    @janer1967 wow! 3 weeks is a long time lol 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They do scan it  onto the system not sure if they send the originals or if they are kept by DWP. yes they get lots of mail so can sometimes take a while depending on the back log and amounts they hav.

The whole application process can take several months from start to finish 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

As you only sent them last Thursday it may be a couple of weeks yet before you get a text message. It can take 7-10 working days to be scanned onto the system and it's not classed as arriving until this has been done. They will eventually send everything to the health assessment providers. Once that's been done then you'll very likely need a telephone assessment because most people have them. Timescales? There isn't any. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anxiousbird
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with the outcome @anxiousbird :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • anxiousbird
    Hi all, just to update that I received a text from DWP this morning saying that they’ve received my form :) 
  • anxiousbird
  • siancarly
    siancarly Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi after the text how long till you herd from them?
  • lannyjg
    lannyjg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi all. 
    I have received a text to say they have received my report 5 weeks after my assessment. On my assessment the assessor said I would get a decision in around 8 weeks. Todays text from DWP says the same 8 weeks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    lannyjg said:
    Hi all. 
    I have received a text to say they have received my report 5 weeks after my assessment. On my assessment the assessor said I would get a decision in around 8 weeks. Todays text from DWP says the same 8 weeks.

siancarly said:
    Hi after the text how long till you herd from them?

2-12 weeks from when the report was returned to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.