Update on work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on work

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
edited October 2020 in Work and employment
I just wanted to let you all no I have decided I’m going to take my retail employer to court. as they have failed to make the reasonable adjustments at work under the equality act 2010, I was unfairly suspended which I was on full pay, credit to then. came back but when I had my meeting with the HR manager and area manager they said they are going to inform my employer about the reasonable adjustments that I require, and they haven’t even told my store, I have told my store about the adjustments I need and still nothing! I have seeked legal advice and they said I have a strong case , and my employer will get fined and I could get a lot of £££££ it’s not about the money though , I have recorded all the conversations, which I told them I have recorded and they still haven’t done anything about it and they said HR haven’t told us anything! so I’m getting the ball rolling now , see what happens. 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samfits99 hope you are well? I suppose in fairness that these things have perhaps taken a back seat during CV19 with many retailers struggling to stay open/viable, would it not be an idea to speak to HR again and tell them nothings been done?. Personally at this time I wouldn't be rushing to take my employer to court (if I had one).
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    @woodbine I understand where your coming from but the supermarket I work for is huge, and I would never be out of a job. the HR manager / area manager said they will inform the store to make these reasonable adjustments ( again )! but they still haven’t ..... obviously I no C19 is major atm, but feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall, they even sent me to one of there doctors to see if my ADHD falls under the equality act 2010 and he said it does, with reasonable adjustments needed for this claimant” 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samfits99, just to let you know that I have moved your post to the employment section of the forum. Sorry to hear you haven't been able to access the support you are entitled to. I know you have got legal advice, I just wanted to make you aware of ACAS if you haven't already been in touch with them. :)
    Scope

Brightness