Employment Advice - LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment Advice - LCWRA

Beanie71
Beanie71 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
I am currently employed part time and have just been notified that I'm entitled to LCWRA as currently signed off work with RA and have been since July, if i decide to leave this role due to not being able to cope with the long day/travel/stress etc and take up something I can do at home for myself will this effect my claim.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You've already been assessed as having LCWRA and leaving your job will not affect your benefit claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Beanie71
    Thank you @poppy123456 for your quick reply, just a bit confused with what it all means as I have had no correspondence and clarification of what it means yet xx
  • Beanie71
    Any more information and guidance would be great thank you xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The LCWRA element pays an extra £341.92 per month from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first sent evidence of your health condition.

You will also have a work allowance which means you can earn a certain amount of money before you start to see the 63% reduction in your UC. If you claim the housing element it will be £292 per month and if you don't receive the housing element it will be £512 per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Beanie71

Brightness